Changing Wells Fargo accounts to different connection method

Options

This discussion was created from comments split from:

Wells Fargo Migration

Comments

• mjboy2014
    Options

I too am an older senior citizen and quite frankly I am having trouble navigating these changes. I have been using Quicken for 20+ years, and have used it religiously since that time. I called the number that is on Quickens help site … 650 250-1900 and each time I get a message that the wireless customer is not available at this time….same message for the last 2 - 3 days…frustrating !!! I reauthorized my accounts on Wells Fargo, switching from Web Connect to Direct Connect, and when the downloads went through it showed that there are over 5,000 transactions just in my checking account alone. Does this mean they will be "imported" into my existing Quicken account under the new platform, duplicating what is already there? I can't imagine having to sift through all that data to get my financial accounts in proper balance. From my viewpoint, there definitely is not a clear understanding involving this critical process. As a society and business community, we have become too dependent on chat communication, and sometimes one way communication that doesn't allow users to ask questions… is this the future of AI? What is wrong with creating a podcast to help navigate and "see" what is being done on the screen and not simply just "reading" the steps. The old adage still applies….a picture (video) is worth a thousand words. For the Quicken annual renewal fee that users pay, this can't be too much to ask for.

mboy

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @mjboy2014,

The number you list for Support is correct. Have you been calling during business hours (5am - 5pm Pacific Time)?

For the specific concern you mentioned, prior to changing the connection method you use to connect Quicken to your Financial Institution, we recommend you backup your Quicken file. Normally, Quicken does recognize what has already been downloaded and brings in only the new transactions. There is a risk of getting duplicate transactions when deactivating/reconnecting an account, especially when changing the connection method, but it is rare, and making a backup before you start gives you a good copy to revert back to should something like that happen.

We do have a Quicken YouTube channel, although most of those videos are short tutorial videos that show how to set something up for the first time (adding an account, Connecting via Express Web Connect +, Using Renaming Rules, etc).

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.