Quicken for Windows: Dashboards and Reporting

Options
JoelC
JoelC Member ✭✭✭✭

I have been digging deeper into the dashboards.

I note that when I click on a dashboard to get teh report upon which it is based, I often want to change the report to tailor it to my needs (i.e., in the Income and Expenses dashboard I want the income to exclude investments that mature as this is not income, it is a return of capital).

If I saved the report with the dashboard ""be linked" / changed to the saved report so that there will not be a future need to change the report?

If not then would this be a good feature to suggest?

If yes the will future changes to the saved report be reflected in the dashboard?

Thank you.

Comments

• JoelC
    JoelC Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

@Quicken Anja apologies, I posted this in the wrong section. Please move to Windows / Reporting.

Thank you!

• JoelC
    JoelC Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

I tested the results of savings teh report and it did not change the dashboard. This is unfortunate given the current dashboard's settings do not provide what I want / would prefer to have.

I will also add tha absent the linkage between the dashboard and the report, the dashboard is not terribly useful unless it is configured exactly how teh user wants it configured. If Quicken were to ad this linkage then the dashboard would be useful to everyone, a far better situation.

Perhaps Quicken should consider making this an added / new feature.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The Dashboard displays are pretty looking but generally not as customizable as the reports. They are designed to show snapshots of various aspects of your finances. I am certainly in favor of making them more customizable.

You can customize and save reports but any customization will not be reflected in the dashboard.

QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.