Securities Prices for stocks with no ticker

Options
asherfamily1
asherfamily1 Member ✭✭✭
edited February 8 in Investing (Mac)

I have a Giving Fund at Fidelity invested in a fund which has no Symbol

Unfortunately, when I imported the QDF (I recently moved to a Mac), most of the historical price information was lost.

More surprising, when I entered some recent grants, the implied price cannot be seen in QMac (Window > Securities > [name] > Price History.

This is either an issue with QMac or there's setting I'm unaware of

Any suggestions/thoughts?

Tagged:

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

What do you mean the "implied price" cannot be seen? Do you mean the price at the time of a transaction does not show up as a line in the Price History window? What if you open one of the transactions and re-save it? Does that create an entry in the Price History window?

Do you still have your Windows computer? If so, does Quicken Windows allow you to export the price history for a security? And if so, you can then import a security's price history from a .csv file.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • dtcmec@msn.com
    Options

My Quicken Mac does not download an annuity account that is listed on the investment report from Wells Fargo Advisors. Is there some way I can get that included in the Quicken Dashboard?

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@dtcmec@msn.com You always have the option of entering investment data manually. Create the account and enter the security(ies) held. Since the securities an annuity are not exchange traded, Quicken won't be able to download price updates; you will need to manually update the prices and holdings in your account register. (Prices can also be updated from the Portfolio view.)

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is first I have seen where someone mentioned that their security prices didn't come through for securities without a symbol. The conversion is basically "Export QXF file and import that" (on the Quicken server, because the exporter is actually Quicken Windows which is a 32-bit program). Being a "closed format" we have on way of knowing how it works/picks up information, but I have seen this same behavior before. In Quicken Windows if you export your security list in QIF format, it will only export prices for securities that have symbols. The workaround is just to give all securities a symbol. A fake one works fine I usually do it like _XXX.

On the subject of security prices that aren't public. I do believe that Quicken Mac works the same way as Quicken Windows in this regard, but it is certainly possible that I'm wrong. When you download transactions from your broker part of the information is a summary of the holdings (This what "simple investing" mode uses), and so there is both the securities number of shares and price. And at least for Quicken Windows that price is used. Needless to say, this not as dynamic as the public prices and is subject to the broker downloading the correct information.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.