How to remove the lighting bolts

Options

Does anyone know how to remove that lightning bolt in the Ref/Check # column? Each and every transaction I enter (effective 12/17/2023) is now getting the lightning bolt added. The lightning bolt indicates an online transfer, but not all of my transactions are not online transfers. Ironically, they don't usually show up for my online transfers. This has been an issue with quicken for many years, but I have always been able to delete and reenter the transaction and the lightning bolt would go away, but today no matter what I try I get the lightning bolt. Oh, and clicking on the bolt or status does nothing. One thing after another with quicken software…. I have over 20 years of data and don't want to start seeing lightning bolts now!

Comments

• Jason Is Annoyed
    Jason Is Annoyed Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

Funny that a moderator changed the title of this discussion, and even removed a word from my post….. but didn't reply to the problem. Hey Quicken - fix this problem [Edited - Readability]. Quicken thinks every transaction is an online transfer. I've tried rolling back software, and that didn't work. I restored from a backup file, and everything was working fine for about 5 minutes, and then it starts again. I've done that multiple times to test. I know that some people ignore the lightning bolts, but my OCD does not allow that option. If I purchase something and enter it into quicken, it should not be labeled as an online transfer. FIX THIS!!!

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Jason Is Annoyed,

To help troubleshoot this issue, please provide more information. Is this happening only with manually entered transactions, or are you also seeing it with transactions that download into your account(s)? Is this happening in all of your accounts? If not, which accounts/financial institutions is this happening with? You mentioned you tried restoring from a backup; what day was that backup from?

If you haven't done so already, I suggest that you try validating and/or super validating your data file.  Please save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.   

Let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Jason Is Annoyed
    Options

Kristina,

Thank you very much for the reply, and sorry for being a grump, lol. I'd never had an issue like this before and so I was pretty panicked and under pressure to complete a couple hours of monthly quicken data entry.

Validating the file seemed to do the trick. I'm happy it was a simple fix and didn't cause me too much downtime.

Merry Christmas!

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I'm glad to hear that corrected the issue. Please feel free to reach out if you need further assistance.

Merry Christmas!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.