Validation and Repair log explanation

Options
Stu
Stu Member ✭✭✭

I had to do a Validate and Repair on my file today and the Log has the following content in the investment category (account names redacted):

Maximum security reference: 2619, number of securities: 2618. (What is "Maximum security reference"? What/why/where is the one that is missing?

[Sat Dec 16 21:01:25 2023]

Rebuilt investing lots.

No out-of-range security references found.

Investing account information:

Lot Repair Info: (Account 1)

Number of Lot Links: - 295 (What are the links? Links between what and what?)

Number of Links Fixed - 0

Number of Links Removed - 295

Lot Repair Info: (Account 2)

Number of Lot Links: - 209

Number of Links Fixed - 1 (What error was found and what does "FIxed" mean?)

Number of Links Removed - 0

Lot Repair Info: (Account 3)

Number of Lot Links: - 2157

Number of Links Fixed - 11

Number of Links Removed - 30 (What does this mean? If the Links were removed, what information am I going to lose?)

My questions are in italics. After the Validation and Repair, I compared my Portfolio Value and Cost Basis between the two versions. There were several changes that made sense (and some that SHOULD have been changed but weren't).

Any help or explanation would be much appreciated.

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hello @Stu,

The maximum securities reference number is the largest number of securities you've had in your file. With it being one higher than your current number of securities, that indicates that at some point, you used to have more securities than you currently do.

The Validation Log doesn't give a lot of information. It lists what it looked at and what it fixed, but doesn't go into more detail about what those things mean or exactly what was fixed.

You mentioned that you had to run a Validate. Were you having issues in your file? Did the validate correct those issues? If not, what is still happening?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.