Update hangs.

Options

Have a new computer windows 11. Quicken update hangs in the update process. Have to end task. Oddly it updates the accounts? Tried repair file, validate and super validate- still have the problem. Any help?

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @drindeale,

Which part of the update process does Quicken begin to hang? Do you receive any error codes or messages? When did this issue begin to occur?

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• drindeale
    drindeale Member ✭✭
    Options

It quickly does the investments but takes 10 minutes or more to move on finish the rest it just hangs here with the circling

• drindeale
    drindeale Member ✭✭
    Options

issue began a couple weeks ago when i got a new desktop computer

• JMacz0756
    JMacz0756 Member ✭✭
    Options

I too am getting a hang with the new update. Mine happens when I try to re-add accounts that no longer sync. It goes through the account updated with a new window and when complete it fails to return and Quicken is a greyed window that I have to End Task in Windows 11 Task Manager

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @drindeale and @JMacz0756,

Thank you for joining this thread and for providing more information.

This sounds as though there may be an issue with the data file.

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Please let me know how this goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

• JMacz0756
    JMacz0756 Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks @Quicken Jasmine, I was able to resync my accounts after doing the File Validate, which did find some errors.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @JMacz0756,

Thank you for coming back to update me.

I am happy to hear that we were able to reach a resolution!

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns.

-Quicken Jasmine

• drindeale
    drindeale Member ✭✭
    edited January 1
    Options

I tried both sets of processes, still the same.

• rpmDPX
    rpmDPX Member
    Options

I am having the same problem, and neither of the Validations worked to fix the problem. It appears to be hanging when it goes to sync the transactions for the phone/tablet online app information.

Any additional help would be great. Old versions seemed to work just fine.

• Soko
    Soko Member ✭✭
    Options

i have validated and super validated and continue to get the hanging. Help!!!

• Soko
    Soko Member ✭✭
    Options

The Fidelity accounts update with no problem. The others just spin and spin. The Add account screen opens and when I hit continue it simply disappears and does nothing.

This discussion has been closed.