AmEx Reauthorization Prompts and Duplicate Accounts (QMac)

Options
System
System Member admin

This discussion was created from comments split from:

Amex stopped downloading

Comments

• firedudetl1
    firedudetl1 Member ✭✭
    Options

I have 11 amex delta accounts and lowes amex accounts. Seems like every time I sign in and update the accounts, I'm asked to authorize the accounts and then I have new accounts. Some say quicken can't access the account, others seem to be updated to the date of the sign in. Either way, what do I do with the extra accounts? difficult enough try to keep track of the current account, never mind trying to figure out which one is current

please let me know if I need to just delete accounts 1-10 and keep 11 and how do I keep this from happening each time I sign in.

thanks

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @firedudetl1,

Normally, if you are getting reauthorization prompts, it means that Quicken is still seeing American Express accounts connected via the old connection method. If you are getting duplicate accounts, that generally happens because the accounts are getting added as new rather than linked to the existing accounts.

To correct the issue, first backup your Quicken file. Then, deactivate all of your American Express accounts.

If you have duplicate accounts, you may want to delete the duplicate accounts so that they don't cause confusion when you're trying to relink your accounts. To delete an account, click on the account to select it, then go up to Accounts>Delete Account.

To verify all your American Express accounts are disconnected, go to Accounts>Hide and Show Accounts. If Quicken thinks an account is connected, it will show a financial institution name in the financial institution column.

Once you have verified all the American Express accounts are disconnected, you can reconnect them by going to Accounts>Add Account and following the prompts. Make sure to carefully link the accounts with the correct name in Quicken to avoid having more new/duplicate accounts appear.

Note: If you track American Express accounts under more than one login ID, you will need to use the American Express - Delegate connection for the additional login IDs.

Let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.