Cash Flow Report - only need IRA transfers out and not investment transactions

Options
L Battaglia
L Battaglia Member
edited January 21 in Reports (Windows)

For the Cash Flow Report, I want to show distributions from my IRA to be an InFlow. I checked it off in the Accounts tab. The report shows the distribution but also is showing Capital Gains "_LT CapGnDst" and "_RlzdGain". Can you limit an Account to the type of transaction?

Tagged:

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You need to include the account that's receiving the IRA transfers … but you can exclude the Investment accounts via the Gear icon at the top right of the report customize screen

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

… and on the Advanced customization tab for the report, for Transfers select "Exclude internal" if it is not already. This will include transfers between accounts that are included in the report and other accounts, but it will exclude transfers between accounts that are part of the report, such as a credit card payment from your checking account.

QWin Premier subscription
  • L Battaglia
    Options

Sorry but your solutions did not work. When i selected the "Exclude internal" it removed the transfer from my IRA to my Checking but it left the Cap gain distribution for the IRA. I want the reversal. I want the transfer from my IRA to my Checking but do not want the investment transactions in the IRA. The accounts show as both in the "Accounts" tab and the "Categories" tab. Which one should be used to check the account?

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are you sure the IRA is not included in the report? Go to the Accounts tab and un-check the IRA. On the Categories tab, the [IRA] in square brackets should be checked.

QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.