Missing shares and cannot determine fix

Options
tjb201
tjb201 Member ✭✭

I have a security that I trade frequently. in the Portfolio View the share total, cost, market value and gain/loss is correct, but the lots are short 100 shares. The Share Total is correct at 700 shares, but the lot totals 600, therefore when I try and liquidate, it only shows 600 to sell. I Validated and Repaired the file, did not resolve the problem. I removed shares and added the back and it still recreates the issue. Any suggestions?

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @tjb201,

Which financial institution are these securities with? What is the connection method? You can see the connection method by navigating to Tools > Account List.

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• tjb201
    tjb201 Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

Fidelity is the financial institution and I start each day be downloading transactions. Its like there is a hidden -100 shares in the database that I can't do anything about. When I remove 700 shares, the Portfolio View is correct (0 shares). If I buy 200 shares., again the Portfolio view is correct, but if I then try and sell them, it only shows 100 to sell.

Is there a way to create a new security that will download correctly? If so I will simply remove all the old shares, create a new security, and add the correct number of shares and cost and start with that.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Have you tried Rebuild Investing Lots under Validate?

Have you tried CTRL-Z while in the investment register?

If so, I'm fresh out of ideas. You can certainly try your idea of removing the shares and then removing the security and then recreating the security and the lots. But please do so in a copy of your data file. 😏

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.