KeyBank charging me for downloading data into Quicken

Options

Does anyone else use Quicken with KeyBank? I used to pay bills using Quicken and having funds come from my KeyBank account. However, I stopped this at least 3-4 years ago and KeyBank is still charging me for the service. (I now pay on the vendor's website and have money come from the Key account.) I called them and they said they charge anyone who uses Quicken to sync to their bank account. I am looking to change banks but I have had this account for 30 years and it will be a pain but I don't want a monthly fee from my bank. Anyone else have this issue?

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hello @CarolynPenn,

I myself also use KeyBank with Quicken and do not get charged a monthly fee as I use the connection method called "Express Web Connect". However, they do charge a monthly fee if your connection method is "Direct Connect".

To check, please navigate to Tools > Account List, then click on Edit on one of your KeyBank acounts and navigate to the Online Services tab. There you should see which connection method is being used.

Let us know if you need help switching the connection from Direct Connect to Express Web Connect.

Also, once switched, you may still need to contact KeyBank to cancel the monthly charge for Direct Connect. When speaking with a Key representative, please be aware that they may only be aware of Direct Connect and have no knowledge of Express Web Connect being available as a free connection method as Direct Connect means you are using the bank's servers, and Express Web Connect means you are using Quicken's servers to connect.

Hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.