Cannot re-add LoanCare because prompt for code without prior prompt to first send code

Options

Prior to their hacking problem in November 2023, I used to have LoanCare as an account. When it stopped working, I deleted it and tried re-adding it. After I enter my userid and password, Quicken spins for a while looking for accounts to add. It then prompts me to "please enter the code." Well, there was no previous panel asking me whether to send the code as a text or a phone call, or to which phone number.

I talked to LoanCare's web support, and they said they have nothing to do with it — that they don't do anything with Quicken, and that I needed to contact Quicken to have it resolved.

Any ideas how to fix this?

I'm running Quicken Classic Deluxe
Version: R53.32
Build: 27.1.53.32

Tagged:

Comments

• DheerajB
    DheerajB Member ✭✭
    Options

Same issue here. I am using Quicken Mac subscription. I talked to LoanCare web support and told me to talk to Quicken.

• boysings
    boysings Member ✭✭
    Options

I spoke at length with Quicken support yesterday. They were able to reproduce the problem. They opened a ticket (10693706) and linked it to an escalation for the problem. If I get an update, I'll post something here.

• DheerajB
    DheerajB Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you @boysings

• bob@
    bob@ Member ✭✭
    Options

same problem, following for an update, thanks @boysings

• Robert Ralyea
    Robert Ralyea Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I am able to connect to Lakeview but it comes back my balance is $0.

• bob@
    bob@ Member ✭✭
    Options

@Robert Ralyea how are you getting a code?

• Robert Ralyea
    Robert Ralyea Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I am not getting a code. I just creat a lakeview account then log in and the account is created. The problem is I get a message that the loan is paid off.

• bob@
    bob@ Member ✭✭
    Options

@Robert Ralyea There are two different Lakeview services, one with URL of mylakeviewloan.com, which is sub-serviced by Mr Cooper and doesn't require a code. Then there is one with the URL of lakeviewloanservicing.myloancare.com, which is sub-serviced by Loancare and requires the code we're talking about. If you're not having an issue with the code then I'm guessing you're trying to connect to the first one, through Mr Cooper?

Interestingly, I loans through both and neither work for me (I'm using Mac version). I get an error saying quicken cannot determine how to connect to LakeView. And with the Loancare connection I can't get a code, which is what the others are also experiencing. Seems both connections are broken on the quicken side.

• DheerajB
    DheerajB Member ✭✭
    Options

My url is myloancare.com

• boysings
    boysings Member ✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Anja Can you create an Alert for this issue? Ticket #10693706 was opened last month and is linked to an escalation for the problem.

• boysings
    boysings Member ✭✭
    Options

Interestingly, my Fidelity (FullView) and Ameriprise (TotalView) accounts both have links to my same LoanCare account. They have no problem listing the current mortgage balance. That makes me think that the issue is more likely on the Quicken side.

• bob@
    bob@ Member ✭✭
    Options

I think this particular one, where you can't get the code, is an intuit issue. I've found that LoanCare works in apps that use Yodlee (I have Stessa and Empower that both work). But quicken (Simplifi or classic) and Mint both use intuit and have the same problem that no code is sent. Think they're still connecting to an old url that Loancare had before the recent security breach which was updated in Nov. My other apps stopped working for a short period when that happened and was fixed shortly after.

• RPSMG
    RPSMG Member
    Options

Any updates on this? My account hasn't updated since November. I just tried disconnecting/adding a new account and it failed.

• boysings
    boysings Member ✭✭
    edited January 9
    Options

I was contacted by Quicken Support on Friday about my ticket #10693706 asking me to propose four 1-hour debugging times within a certain timeframe. I responded a few hours later with my choices, but I haven't heard back which one they want to use. (They are all Wednesday/Thursday this week.) I emailed again yesterday to have them pick a time/date, but haven't heard back. I'll post an update once there's anything to report.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @boysings,

I sent you a direct message. Please check your inbox.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• boysings
    boysings Member ✭✭
    Options

I've got a Zoom meeting Thursday with someone from Quicken Support to reproduce this issue, and hopefully help them to debug it.

• bob@
    bob@ Member ✭✭
    Options

@boysings, that's great news, thanks. Are you going over Loancare and Lakeview loan connection?

• boysings
    boysings Member ✭✭
    Options

@bob@ As far as I know, just LoanCare. That's the only one I have that's a problem.

• bob@
    bob@ Member ✭✭
    Options

@boysings, thanks, I'll pursue Lakeview separately

• boysings
    boysings Member ✭✭
    Options

I had a debug session with a support person and developer, and we reproduced the problem. In addition, we went through the actions to log onto my LoanCare account, reset my MFA settings, and logged on again to see how the MFA setup works. After setting up MFA, LoanCare assume that the verification code should be sent as a text rather than asking whether to send it as text, email, or voice. They seemed to understand where the issue resides. We didn't discuss a timeframe for a fix.

• ejmatson
    ejmatson Unconfirmed, Member
    Options

Having the same issue, looking forward to a solution.

• boysings
    boysings Member ✭✭
    Options

I haven't heard back from Quicken Support, but it appears there's been some partial progress on this.

Tonight, I tried to add the LoanCare account, and it sent the verification code to my phone. I was able to enter that code when prompted, and Quicken then prompted me to update the account name, and choose whether to link to an existing account or new one — the normal stuff when adding an account. After that dialog, LoanCare sent a 2nd verification code which I entered into the next prompt, and the Account was now added to Quicken. However, the balance is now 0, and clicking on the loan results in the message, "The loan is paid off" — same as @Robert Ralyea is seeing.

I sent an email to my Quicken Support contact with these details, and ask him to let me know if there's any sort of update.

• bob@
    bob@ Member ✭✭
    Options

I’m able to connect as you mentioned, and have a zero balance, but done see it saying the account is closed. It seems that it’s not downloading and transactions.

• boysings
    boysings Member ✭✭
    Options

@bob@ To see the message, "The loan is paid off," you have to click on the LoanCare account in Quicken to see the details.

• bob@
    bob@ Member ✭✭
    Options

@boysings I'm on a Mac, I don't see "This loan is paid off", but I do see a green Paid with a checkmark in at the top of the details page, and when I look at the payments tab I see 2 transactions, the original opening balance and the live balance adjustment dated the day I the day I created the account with a payoff equal to opening balance netting $0. I wasn't sure if that's because I entered the loan details in when creating the account, and as I mentioned, I would have expected that even if it's paid off that the transactions would have downloaded. The interesting thing is that on the Progress tab the Projected Payoff graph is accurate - see pic

• DheerajB
    DheerajB Member ✭✭
    Options

I am able to connect, but get error - No account found!!! I have sent emails to Quicken with error message, but no response.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @DheerajB,

When you say you have sent emails to Quicken with the error message, do you mean that you have used the Report a Problem feature in your Quicken program? If so, then you will not receive a response from those problem reports. The reports are reviewed daily to check for multiple reports of the same trending issues and for troubleshooting/escalation purposes. When multiple reports of the same issue are received, those reports are also investigated further. Reports that can be replicated or verified are then submitted as tickets to the proper channels.

For the specific error message shown in your problem report, FDP-175, this article on Mac FDP errors recommends reaching out to Quicken Support. The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

• DheerajB
    DheerajB Member ✭✭
    Options

Hello @Quicken Kristina Thank you for your response. I will try to get in touch with Quicken Support via phone. I keep getting following message. Everything on my side is good. I have account with provider and I can login via web.

• MN Danny
    MN Danny Member ✭✭
    Options

I am getting the same message as the previous post.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @MN Danny,

To assist with this issue, please provide more information. Are you seeing an error code along with that message, or just that error message? If it's just the error message, then a few things to check are:

1. Are you the primary account holder?
      1. Many financial institutions give permissions to download into Quicken only to primary account holders.
    2. Is the account(s) active?
      1. If there have not been any transactions other than interest payments for 90+ days, the financial institution may have marked the account dormant.
    3. Do you have any inactive/closed accounts with that financial institution that are still trying to connect in Quicken?
      1. If you do, then you would want to backup your file, deactivate those accounts, then see if you can add/reconnect your active accounts.

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.