Pentagon Federal PenFed wrong transaction sign charge/payment in Credit Card QFX

Options
avic
avic Member, Mac Beta Beta

Pentagon Federal Union aka PenFed FCU no longer allows transaction download via quicken connect.

Users can download QFX files from PenFed fairly easily by account and range (but export have to be done foreach account one at a time, which is a PITA)

https://home.penfed.org/v2/s/transaction-download-page

however, the QFX for credit cards has the transaction sign reversed where a charge is a payment and a payment is a charge

note that the transaction type is correctly coded as

<TRNTYPE>CREDIT</TRNTYPE>

or

<TRNTYPE>DEBIT</TRNTYPE>

but the sign for the <TRNAMT> is reversed where CREDIT has a negative sign and DEBIT has no sign

after importing the bad QFX file, it messes up more than just the credit card accounts, but also the bank account from which payments are made… my bank account now have the "real" payment as deducted from my bank account and another deposit transaction for the same amount coming from the bad imported QFX file.

yes, it is a PenFed issue, but unfortunately they will never fix it…

note that it is much faster (at least for me) to edit the QFX in a text editor and use a Regular Expressions (aka grep) search/replace on the entire file prior to importing, rather than attempt to edit each transaction in quicken after importing. but not everyone can use regex…

I've created an urgent feature request for quicken to implement a workaround, and will appreciate everyone upvoting it

Comments

• drmcnabb
    drmcnabb Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

I just downloaded transactions and it appears that they have corrected the DEBIT/CREDIT issue although without notification to their members. And I have an open ticket [Removed - Speculation/Disruptive].

• avic
    avic Member, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Thank you!

btw, it was broken as of this morning… will download again next week and report…

• Bushmaster225
    Options

I just downloaded my transactions and it's still messed up. The savings accounts are correct it's just the credit card accounts that are reversed.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Just so you know based on the OFX standard it is the sign of the amount that counts not whether it's flagged as debit or credit.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.