Why aren't all my accounts being found?

Options
Fil Salustri
Fil Salustri Member

I'm running Quicken Classic Deluxe Canada V7.4.2 on MacOS 14.2.1.

My problem is: when I try to link to my bank, only some accounts get noticed, and some accounts are just wrong. I "add account", select my bank, log in, and wait. I'm then given a list of accounts to add to Q. Not all the accounts I have at the bank appear in the list. The missing ones all seem to be investments and loans. One account that is supposed to be a line of credit gets confused with a credit card. So I wait a while and try again. Now, perhaps 1 or 2 more bank accounts appear in the list, but never all of them. And some of the ones that were there are now gone!

Furthermore, some investments update, but others don't.

I have tried to reset the Connected Services (and restarting Q), but that doesn't work; I'm still missing some accounts, and that line of credit is still confused with a credit card (which DOES appear itself as a separate item).

I have tried deleting all the bank accounts and investments and then adding them again, but that doesn't work either.

I've even tried deleting the Q app altogether and reinstalling it. No joy.

Please explain what's going on and how to fix this.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Fil Salustri,

To better assist you further, could you please provide the name of the financial institution?

Check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Fil Salustri
    Options

TD Canada.

• Gilles9
    Gilles9 Windows Beta, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

I use TD Trust Canada, and it is true that sometimes when connecting ( or re -connecting ) the accounts they do not all show.

I have only a few: Bank account, Credit card and 2 brokerage accounts.

Once one is connected with Quicken Connect, I have to redo the process again to have another account to show , but at the end I manage to connect what I want to use with Quicken Connect ( Bank and Credit card )

• Fil Salustri
    Fil Salustri Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

Fair enough. Still I have not been able after several days to get all the investment accounts to connect. Also, even when an account does get connected, it eventually loses that connection, no matter what I do. And when that happens, I'm right back at square 1.

An then there's the simple fact: Mint worked great, connecting to everything without any hiccups at all. Yet Q doesn't. Having had a hand in programming for nearly 50 years, I have to wonder why [Removed - Language] Q can't just do what it's supposed to.

This discussion has been closed.