Subscription payment in Italy

Options

I have used Quicken in Italy for many years now, paying for the subscription with credit card on-line. Last year i bought a Mac and transfered my Quicken Window file to the Mac. Now my payments are not going through (error messages) even if I use last years payment card.

What can I do now?

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Massi55 - I'm glad you found a way to complete the purchase. And thank you for posting how you did that. It had never crossed my mind that using something like Revolut (or perhaps some other debit or gift card option) might be a solution to get around that zip code requirement. Good to know for others trying to buy Quicken from other countries.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

Is the hang-up on this because of the Zip Code requirement? If so, you'll need to enter a valid US Zip Code. You could try to use the Zip Code for Quicken's headquarters: 94025.

Another option might be to purchase Quicken Subscription from and online retailer where they will email you the Activation Code. Or you could wait for them to ship the CD or Activation Code to you. You just need to be careful to purchase from a legitimate retailer and that the product being offered is not just for new subscribers. (Some of the best online deals are for new subscribers only so stay away from those.) Once you get the Activation Code you can enter that into Quicken or go to your Quicken.com account and enter it there.

Your only other option, I think, is to contact Quicken Support via phone or chat: https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support.

• Massi55
    Massi55 Member
    Options

Hi. I tried that Zip Code too. Same error. Maybe uninstall and reinstall? Or re-register with another email?

Phone support also tried.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The way I understood it, changing the zip code was not for the payment, but for creating the Quicken Id in the first place. I can certainly see that a zip code that doesn't connect to the credit card would be rejected (even though it might not have in the past).

I take it the errors come after submitting this form:

Is PayPal a possible answer?

If not, I think @Boatnmaniac's suggestion of trying to buy it from a retailer is the only option (and make sure it is "download", not a box).

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Massi55
    Massi55 Member
    Options

In the end I used a virtual rechargeable credit card from Revolut and it worked first time!

Thanks Chris and Boatnmaniac!"

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Massi55 - I'm glad you found a way to complete the purchase. And thank you for posting how you did that. It had never crossed my mind that using something like Revolut (or perhaps some other debit or gift card option) might be a solution to get around that zip code requirement. Good to know for others trying to buy Quicken from other countries.

This discussion has been closed.