This discussion was created from comments split from:

why are so many one step update issues closed without a resolution

Best Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello All,

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, and our teams are working to resolve this as quickly as possible, though we do not have an ETA at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has returned, though we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. The Community Alert has been reopened. All updates will be posted within the Alert as they become available.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

Answers

• karenhanan
    karenhanan Member ✭✭
    Options

I have the same problem and have tried all suggested solutions and repairs to no avail. It started when I tried to connect with a new Charles Schwab account. Since then, Quicken hangs on OSU and the only way to stop it is to force the program closed. I am thinking of giving up on Quicken

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @karenhanan,

To assist with this issue, please provide more information. Around what date did you first notice this issue? Did this coincide with an update, power outage, unexpected program or computer shutdown, etc? Do you keep your Quicken file directly on your C drive, or is it on a shared network drive or synced with a Cloud service? When Quicken hangs during One Step Update, how long do you wait before force closing the program?

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

• Michael Rosen
    Michael Rosen Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I am working in a new copy after following troubleshooting steps for another issue. I am reactivating my accounts online access and the last one was updating all night and never finished. I had to kill the program.

I am running Quicken Premier vR53.32, build 27.153.32.

Thanks.

• ALPHA2023
    Options

I am having the same issue - this is quite frustrating

• Gsec I
    Gsec I Member ✭✭
    Options

Same here, has been sitting on OSU for over an hour.

• bc2222
    bc2222 Member
    Options

Same problem here. First time this has happened to me - was working fine yesterday. This morning it hangs and I need to kill it via Task Manager.

• Bobby DiJoseph
    Bobby DiJoseph Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

Is there ever an update that doesn't have bugs? Updating accounts should not be one of them. Ridiculous.

• loridow
    loridow Member ✭✭
    Options

Same issue here. Can someone from Quicken comment here if this is a known issue and when it will resolve? Like bc2222 my Quicken was fine yesterday and hangs today. We rely on this software for reconciling daily spends. This is frustrating to have at least one issue at almost all times.

• EarlyUser
    EarlyUser Member ✭✭
    Options

Same hanging One Step Update. It was good a day or two ago when last used. Had to kill the process with Task Manager after lengthy time (about 30 minutes).

• bumrocky
    bumrocky Member ✭✭
    Options

Also seeing same issue with one step update hanging. Have to hard close it in task manager. stuck for over 30 minutes. Version R53.32 build 27.1.53.32

• nicubird
    nicubird Member
    Options

Same problem here. It was fine yesterday morning (Dec 26). Today I needed to kill it with task manager after a 45 minute update hang. My file is on my C drive and nothing unexpected has happened on my end. Version R53.32 Build 27.1.53.32

• qckenguy
    qckenguy Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

one step update hanging - same here on quicken for mac - OSU takes more than 5 min with no updates…

• Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello All,

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, and our teams are working to resolve this as quickly as possible, though we do not have an ETA at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• sfrolls01
    sfrolls01 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

CC501 error. Quicken server error. This happens unreasonably often! Fix it please.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

See this thread. A cc-501 error is usually on the bank's end.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Kevin W J
    Kevin W J Member ✭✭
    Options

OSU also appeared to hang for me, but it eventually completed and reported CC-501 errors for most of the credit card and bank accounts. It did successfully update an investment account, one credit card, and quicken cloud sync. No problems with it before today.

• sfrolls01
    sfrolls01 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

that is odd. Happening on multiple accounts at different banks.

• bmc120669
    bmc120669 Member ✭✭
    Options

Opened by Quicken this morning to the same Issue, One Step Update hanging and having to the kill the program from task manager. So tired of this crap that we pay for. Why can we not get better customer service from Quicken?

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Interestingly, my QWin is consuming 31% of CPU while OSU sits there for many minutes apparently doing nothing. I wonder what's consuming all that CPU?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.