Penfed (another thing)

Options

I know the problems with PENFED are still continuing… but also I noticed today… if I try to add a penfed account, and do a "search for your financial institution" that two different results come up for penfed. Is this maybe part of an attempted solution?

The two results are as follows:

"Pentagon Federal Credit Union" (with the little world-globe inside the pentagon icon).

and

"Pentagon FCU" (with an icon with a little green building with Greek-looking columns)

Both list the same phone number 1-800-247-5626 and website "www.penfed.org".

Should there really be two different entries? Which one is right?

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Bill Pa,

The correct connection should be Pentagon FCU. There used to be only one entry (Pentagon Federal Credit Union), but the financial institution had the other one added in May 2023 due to an issue where users were getting CC-503/FDP-103 & CC-506/FDP-106 errors when trying to connect/update their accounts.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Michael Resnick
    Options

Today I tried updating my PENFED account connection but received the following message when selecting the "Pentagon FCU" option:

"There was an error downloading information about Pentagon FCU. Please try again later."

I have been unable to update my PENFED accounts since mid-November. What is going on here?

• Harry D
    Harry D Member ✭✭
    Options

PenFed has issued statements to the effect they will no be supporting "scraper" technology for third-parties, including Quicken. I think they see this as a security measure. Other financial software appears to be having difficulty with PenFed as well.

They sent me this on Dec. 7: "Third-party applications can use a variety of means to access your data, one of these options is called screen-scraping. After careful consideration, PenFed has decided not to allow the collection of data through screen-scraping at this time; therefore, connecting to those type of programs, such as Quicken, Mint, and Ramp may be blocked. Applications that use alternative means of data collection are still allowed and should work as intended."

• MVW
    MVW Member ✭✭
    Options

It is up to Quicken to resolve this. They list PenFed as supported, Quicken needs to figure this out, BEFORE the subscription rate increases. This is a subscription service now, act like it and resolve the problems.

• Kent Kester
    Kent Kester Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Today, all my Penfed transactions downloaded via the One Step Update.

• jmfischer1
    jmfischer1 Member ✭✭
    Options

To quote Kent Kester: "Today, all my Penfed transactions downloaded via the One Step Update."

Yep, me too. Hooray! 😀

Not to be pessimistic, but you have to wonder how long this will last. We should set up a pool.

• ernievjr40
    ernievjr40 Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes today after almost two months I was finally able to connect with all my PenFed accounts and download my transactions. I guess a Christmas miracle finally happened. I agree with you jmfisher1, I hope this is not a one time thing to pacify us. I really hope that Quicken and PenFed have finally work out a real solution that will keep us connected with PenFed. That is why we pay Quicken for good service.

I still think Quicken should have given all us PenFed account holders at least a 2 month extension to our Quicken subscriptions. To make up for bad service they should give a year extension. I am sure this is just wishful thinking on my part.

• Richard Sturgeon
    Richard Sturgeon Member ✭✭✭
    Options

This morning i started up quicken and i have two listings for Penfed when i try one listing it shows as Wells Fargo which i do have an account the second listing i down loaded pen fed from within there account when i try to connect through quicken it will not connect.

The one through wells fargo i am not sure where the numbers are coming from.

• Pam Flaig
    Pam Flaig Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Still a problem for me. Besides Penfed, several other institutions are being difficult. Seemingly required to remove setup and resetup as reset account option doesn't always help.

It's just frustrating to have mysterious gaps in transaction history without error, til going thru and checking each manually.

Quicken be better than this!!

• Harry D
    Harry D Member ✭✭
    edited January 7
    Options

Still getting nowhere with connecting to PenFed (Mac). Times out after about six minutes. I see others have been able to connect. Makes me wonder what's special about my setup. I'm running Little Snitch, but it is not filtering anything related to these connections. I have disconnected all accounts and tried to reconnect, all without success. I'm choosing the first PenFed option (Pentagon FCU), for which the only option is Quicken Connect.

Error reported as "An unexpected error occurred.

Please try again later.

Details:
    REMOTE_UPDATE_IN_PROGRESS"

• MVW
    MVW Member ✭✭
    Options

Will it hold and continue to work now? Mine worked today. Slow as molasses, but it did work. Let us see how long it continues THIS TIME.

• Harry D
    Harry D Member ✭✭
    Options

Still no luck for me. My Mac version reports same error as before "REMOTE UPDATE IN PROGRESS". The Windows version just says Pentagon FCU is unavailable.

• Harry D
    Harry D Member ✭✭
    Options

So Quicken has marked this issue as resolved, but still not resolved for me. I guess I'm plain out of luck?

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Harry D,

If the issue is persisting for you after it has been marked resolved, then it's likely that the root cause of the issue you're encountering is different than the root cause of the known issue which has been corrected. I recommend you reach out to Quicken Support directly for further assistance, as they are able to help troubleshoot in real time and escalate the situation if needed. The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

• Harry D
    Harry D Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the response! I chatted with Dora at support today, and after checking various things, she said that my issue would be "escalated". I presume this means it will be treated as a separate issue. I appreciate the help and look forward to a resolution of my (apparently independent) problem.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for the follow up,

Yes; they submitted a ticket to indicate that you are still encountering the issue so that the escalated team knows to look into it further. The escalated team typically communicates by email, so you should receive an email if they require additional information/action or when the issue is resolved.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.