The amounts listed on the "account list" on left) do not agree with the acct balances in the report?

Options
Kaminx
Kaminx Member
edited February 13 in Reports (Windows)

When I run the Account Balances report - the amounts to not agree with the listing of account balances on the left side of quicken. There are no hidden accounts

Best Answer

• Kaminx
    Kaminx Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks so much for the 3 folks that provided input. What I found is that I had several "placeholder" entries where somehow the entry was missed when I downloaded transactions to Quicken from Schwab. The standard reports ignore the placeholder entries but the account list on the left side takes them in to the calculation. Once I cleared the placeholder entries, the balances agreed

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Click on the gear wheel at the top of the Account Bar and check to see if 'Show Ending Balance" is selected.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are you running the built-in Account Balances report or one you have customized and saved?

The Accounts bar can be set to show either today's balance or the ending balance in each register, and the ending date for the report can be changed as well. Are the ending dates the same?

QWin Premier subscription
  • JOHN PERRELLA
    JOHN PERRELLA Member ✭✭
    Options

I have the following issues with the account balance report

1. Have an investment account with 13,000 balance but report shows 58,000. Never had a balance in this account over 20,000.
    2. Have an investment account with 0 balance but report shows NEGATIVE 300,000
    3. Have an investment account with 228,000 balance but report shows NEGATIVE 102,000

As to item 1 there was not an issue last Saturday. As to the other two items I do not know when issue started.

• Kaminx
    Kaminx Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks so much for the 3 folks that provided input. What I found is that I had several "placeholder" entries where somehow the entry was missed when I downloaded transactions to Quicken from Schwab. The standard reports ignore the placeholder entries but the account list on the left side takes them in to the calculation. Once I cleared the placeholder entries, the balances agreed

This discussion has been closed.