Combining Investments under one account

Options
tduff945
tduff945 Member
edited January 27 in Investing (Windows)

Is there a way to combine separate mutual fund holdings under the main company account? I have them all listed separately now, but would like them all under "Capital Group - American Funds" where they are held.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It depends on whether or not you are downloading transactions for these holdings. If you are downloading, I think American Funds requires them to each be in their own account.

If you are tracking manually, you can combine them all into one account. If that is the case, please post back for detailed instructions.

QWin Premier subscription
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I read the question to ask if everything from "Capital Group - American Funds" be shown as a single line without differentiation between the funds, which didn't make sense to me since each of the funds has a different Quote/Price.

I know that the American Funds I hold at Edward Jones are reported as separate entities in a EJ level account, but there is no way to get them in their own separate group for a total of AF stock unless I created a separate Portfolio view that only showed the AF stuff.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think @tduff945 purchased several funds directly from American Funds and and that currently each fund is in its own Single Mutual Fund account in Quicken. The question is whether those funds can be combined into one "Capital Group - American Funds" account in Quicken.

Do I have that right, @tduff945?

QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.