quicken web (PC and iphone)

Options
ericpoteet
ericpoteet Member, Windows Beta, Canada Beta Beta

Hello,

both the Web PC version and the Web iPhone version do not add up investments correctly. I have USD and CAD investments which are correctly accounted for in the traditional PC version. However in the Web version all totals are added as if all in C$

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken Mobile/Web doesn't support multiple currencies.

And it seems like both Quicken Mac and Quicken Windows Canadian have no problem with ignoring that fact.

In Quicken Windows US it will block even syncing non-USD accounts to Mobile/Web.

Yes, both Quicken Mac and Quicken Windows Canadian sync these accounts, but that is because both of them are ignoring the fact that they are different currencies and just sending "numbers".

It is interesting about Quicken Windows Canadian because I know at the start it wouldn't allow syncing of non-CAD accounts, but somewhere along the lines it started allowing it. But at no time has Quicken Web/Mobile actually supported multiple currencies.

In the case of Quicken Mac, I always attributed it syncing different currencies to the fact that it doesn't really have full currency support and as such is "just sending numbers".

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • ericpoteet
    ericpoteet Member, Windows Beta, Canada Beta Beta
    Options

The PC Version (not web) is actually doing currency conversion math when adding up my investments. It correctly lists all my investments accounts with accurate currency (either $ or c$) and then when summarizing it converts all assets to C$ correctly and this is done everywhere (reports, graphs etc)

Agree that the web version is simply adding numbers: it is not performing any currency conversion

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I found the Idea thread for this request. It is marked as a "problem to be solved", but never implemented.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.