Trouble adding account

Options

This discussion was created from comments split from:

CC-503 error when updating Citi Shop Your Way account

Comments

• Paresh Buch
    Paresh Buch Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I am unable to add this account. All this started after your one step issues with slow downloading etc that was announced on Dec 27. Currently this account plus a few other bank accounts (Barclays US and Citizens Bank) cannot be updated. I have been through the typical trouble shooting steps and have finally deactivated them in the hope that I will be able to add these again in a couple of days. Would appreciate any feedback.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Paresh Buch,

Could you please clarify? Which account are you unable to add? Was it previously connected, or is this your first time attempting to add it? Are you getting any error messages at all?

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Paresh Buch
    Paresh Buch Member ✭✭✭
    Options

As stated, 3 accoutns that were previously added, working fine, not connecting after the "slow download issue" that began a few days ago. Quicken has declared slow download issue has been resolved but I can no longer add SHop your way MasterCard, Barclays US Online and Citizen's Bank. Error message is to make sure that my login ID and password are correct which they are! Same error message for all 3 institutions.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Since this is affecting multiple financial institutions, I recommend you start troubleshooting by logging out of your Quicken, then logging back in again. To do this, go to Edit>Preferences>Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts, then click the blue Sign in as a different user link.

Type "yes" in the confirmation pop up, then click the Sign Out button. Once it finishes logging you out, it will bring you back to the Quicken login screen. Login with your Quicken ID and password and test to see if the issue is resolved.

Let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

• Paresh Buch
    Paresh Buch Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Tried again after logging out - still the same issue remains - These are the 3 that have issues:

https://citiretailservices.citibankonline.com/RSnextgen/svc/launch/index.action?siteId=PLCN_SYW#signon

https://www.banking.barclaysus.com/index.html

https://www.citizensbankonline.com/olb-root/login

I have confirmed that I can log in using a chrome browser but not through quicken.

• Paresh Buch
    Paresh Buch Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I created a "test" file where I tried to add the barclays account, then the SHop your way account and neither were accepted. Same error message. Hope that [provides more info to resolve the issue of not being able to add accounts.

• Paresh Buch
    Paresh Buch Member ✭✭✭
    Options

This morning I saw an account with no identification and a alrge sume of money - clearly, something is wrong.

Also, when I try to "set up now" or add new account for any of my 3 deactivated accounts,

I get th following notification

When I click continue, I am asked to input my login ID and Passoword. When I do, I get the error message below

Please resolve ASAP - these 3 accounts were working fine and now I can connect them.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Due to the nature of this issue, I recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

• Paresh Buch
    Paresh Buch Member ✭✭✭
    Options

After nearly 6 hrs on the phone over several days, download still doesn't work - keep getting the same instructions - sign out then sign back in after an hour or so. All fails because I keep getting CC-929 error. On the last call, the tech support guys actually asked for some specific information from my password for each of the accounts that this error came from!! That was a huge red flag to me. I want to write an email to Eric Dunn to let him know how bad the situation is (surely, I am not the only one) so please advise how to reach him.

If this is not fixed urgently, I will not renew my membership. Why pay for something that doesn't work?

• Paresh Buch
    Paresh Buch Member ✭✭✭
    Options

PS to the above - the problem was 3 accounts but now is nearly 10 accounts!!!!!

• Paresh Buch
    Paresh Buch Member ✭✭✭
    Options

PS - If it helps to solve, the only accounts that I can now link for download are the ones that require me to go from Quicken to the account website (e.g. American Express, Chrales Schwab etc) where the connection is aothorized on the account's own website. Accounts that require me to "add them" or "Set up connection" return the CC-929 error.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for the follow up,

A CC-929 error is generally caused by having too many CC-503 errors within a certain timeframe. It can block connections with other accounts that weren't previously having an issue, and once the error is cleared, those accounts should be able to connect again.

When troubleshooting invalid credential errors, such as CC-503 and CC-929, agents do sometimes have to ask for general information about your password (such as length, in order to verify you're not exceeding the character limit set by the financial institution, format of the password, and the special characters used, if any, since there are some special characters that sometimes cause issues in Quicken), but they will never ask you for your actual password.

We do not have the tools to assist further through this channel. You do need to go through Quicken Support for further assistance and to escalate the issue, if necessary.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• Paresh Buch
    Paresh Buch Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I want to contact Eric Dunn - how do I do that?

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

I sent you a direct message. Please check your inbox.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.