Memorized payee- split transaction with percentages.

Options

I have created a memorized payee with split percentages following the instructions here: https://help.quicken.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3216344#:~:text=The%20first%20line%20shows%20the%20total%20amount%20of,the%20next%20field%2C%20Quicken%20calculates%20the%20dollar%20amount.

However, when I attempt to use this memorized payee for subsequent transactions, the split lines are blank. The memorized payee shows it is memorized with % splits.

I have tried editing the memorized payee as both locked and unlocked with no luck. Additionally, I have tried adding the initial memorized transaction as a reminder. However, doing so does not allow me to change the total amount for subsequent transactions.

Thank you for any suggestions or solutions. I am using Quicken home and business

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hello @lurchchurch,

To assist with this issue, please provide more information. When did you first notice this issue? When you say the split lines are blank, do you mean it shows as a split transaction, but there's no information for the split, or do you mean the category column is blank and not even showing as a split transaction?

If you haven't done so already, please check your Preferences for Data entry and QuickFill. To do that, go to Edit>Preferences>Data entry and QuickFill. If "Recall memorized payees (requires automatic completion)" isn't selected, then please put a checkmark by it and click the OK button.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• lurchchurch
    lurchchurch Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Kristina,

Thank you for your response! When I said no split, I meant the transaction is not entered as a split.

In any case, checking the recall memorized payees box fixed the problem.

Thank you again

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I'm glad to hear that corrected the issue.

Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.