Unable to reconcile

Options
System
System Member admin

This discussion was created from comments split from:

Reconcile to Paper Statement - charges that aren't on this statement yet?

Tagged:

Comments

• Cheidler
    Cheidler Member
    Options

I can't seem to reconcile at all. Every time I try, I have the transactions from my bank statement where they belong. I got and click reconcile and I fill in the ending amount ( the previous amount it there from when I transferred to this program) and it tells me I don't have any transactions to reconcile.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Cheidler,

To troubleshoot this issue, please provide a bit more information. When you do the reconcile, are you using the "Use paper statement" option or the "Use online balance" option?

Do you update your account(s) manually, or do you have the account(s) connected in Quicken to download? Have you made sure you have downloaded (or manually input) the current information into your Quicken?

If you're reconciling against the online balance and you're getting that error, that usually means it is not seeing any unreconciled transactions. You would want to make sure that any new posted transactions have downloaded into Quicken.

If you're reconciling against a paper statement, that error generally means it is not seeing any unreconciled transactions from that specific date range (usually the statement ending date from the previous reconcile, if there was one, and the current statement ending date). You would want to double check the statement ending date you're putting in and the dates of your unreconciled transactions in Quicken.

Note: To see if a transaction is reconciled or not, there are a couple visual indicators.

1. Reconciled transactions will be greyed out.
    2. Reconciled transactions will show a "R" in the Clr column.

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.