TurboTax

Options
davidduhl
davidduhl Member ✭✭
edited February 3 in The Water Cooler

I use Windows and TurboTax Deluxe. I recall an e-mail telling me there will be something different about logging into TurboTax in 2024. Please remind me what that is. Also, Since I am a registered Quicken Classic Deluxe user, is there a TurboTax Deluxe available at a reduced price?

Thanks.

David

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

TurboTax (Intuit) and Quicken part ways a few years back, so any questions you have about TT should be directed to Intuit or the TT forum ( https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/ ).

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

yes For 2023 you need to sign in or create an account.  See How to install with a License Code 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/activating-turbotax-cd-download-software/00/852971

Don't know about any Quicken/Turbo Tax offers.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• jl747
    jl747 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is a Quicken Community (Forum)

With that said here is what they said about the new registration. (found in a post in another forum)

"Hi there,

We’re reaching out to our TurboTax Desktop customers to share an
    important change to how you’ll install and activate your software this
    upcoming 2023 tax season.

To install and activate TurboTax 2023 on your computer, you’ll be
    prompted to sign in to your existing Intuit Account (or create an
    account if you don’t already have one) before entering your license
    code. The software won't install unless you sign in to your Intuit
    Account online. Importantly, your product license code can only be
    associated with one Intuit Account.

Your license code will then be stored in your Intuit Account, should you need to install the software again.

If you forgot your user ID or password, or need additional assistance
    logging in to your Intuit Account, this article will provide you with
    helpful steps.

For more information on product installation and activation, go to TurboTaxHelp.com.

Thanks for being part of the TurboTax family.

Warm regards,

The TurboTax Team"

As for a a price for TurboTax you do a search for pricing at the likes of Amazon, Newegg, Office Depot, Staple plus others. Bit make sure they legit companies.

List of Authorized Resellers

https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/intuit-product-orders/obtain-authentic-turbotax-programs/L1yYfitCw_US_en_US

The list shows a company called Fry's. There used to be am electronics store called Fry's but they are longer around. But there is also a Fry's that is a grocery store (Krogers). So be careful.

Quicken Windows Business & Personal (Subscription) - Using the latest version -Windows 10 Pro

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Quicken doesn't offer any discounts on TurboTax that I'm aware of. Intuit offers a free (teaser) year of Quicken Starter on some TurboTax purchases.

I believe the TurboTax change you're referring to is that you must log into your Intuit account in addition to entering the product registration key. It's not a big change.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.