Which version on a new computer using old data

Options
SS4Quick
SS4Quick Member
edited February 3 in Before you Buy

I have a new computer with Windows 11. I have Quicken Home & Business 10 on my old computer and use it for a check register, payment reminders and the calendar only. Which new version of Quicken should I get for the new computer to restore my data?

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Please do HELP, About Quicken and tell us what BUILD of Q you're running.

"Quicken Home & Business 10' would be 40 years old, if H&B even existed back then. The current release if 53.

OR, do you mean 2010, which is still very old.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Home & Business 2010? If you don't want to use any online services or download transactions you can get Q2013. 2013 should run on Newer Windows.  You can download 2013 Deluxe for free using this how to convert article.  It’s under Converting from Quicken 2004-2009.  Click on the Blue words....Quicken 2013 for Windows in step 3.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-and-when-use-intermediate-version-convert-older-versions-quicken

Starting in 2014 they instituted an ID password to get into your own data. I’m staying on 2013.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2
    Options

Deleted

• SS4Quick
    SS4Quick Member
    Options

You are correct. I meant 2010. I'm going with Quicken Classic Deluxe. I don't want to be in this position again as the years go by in having an outdated version. I don't mind keeping up to date with the subscription cost. Thanks for your help.

This discussion has been closed.