Chase credit card transactions not downloading after deactivating and reactivating

Options

I have been unable to download transactions for 3 weeks. I have deactivated, and reactivated the accounts from quicken. I also deactivated my intuit accounts from the chase website. Then tried to link from quicken, but will not download, although it shows on the chase site that info is shared with intuit quicken. My chase checking accounts downloads, and the online balance matches but the credit cards update status date from the summary page shows online balance of 0 as of 11/4/2012. I have to download from the chase website directly to update the CC accounts.

Comments

• jchambers
    jchambers Member
    Options

Same problem here, after more than four months. After going through the process when it comes back to Quicken I get a pop-up that says something to the effect that the Chase account is nicknamed 'Checking' (which it is not in my file) and "Do Not Add" with not option to do anything other than cancel. I also noticed that when trying to reactivate the Quicken On-Line Services pop-up indicates that it is trying to use Web Connect instead of the EWC+ as is noted in other discussions. However, it doesn't give me any way to change it to EWC+. This is so frustrating. I've got 20+ years of records for my Chase account that I don't want to delete it and start over.

BTW ⇒ I've tried to get help via Chat but the window just mysteriously disappears for no reason during the conversation. Its nowhere to be found so I have to go back and start over but then it disappears again. I have pop-ups allowed in all of by browser apps as is suggested in another discussion but it doesn't seem to matter…..the window just disappears mid-way through the chat discussion. Again……very frustrating.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

@jchambers,

From what you describe, Quicken is seeing an account nicknamed Checking that your Chase account is connected to in Quicken. I would recommend that you go to Tools>Account List and look for an account named Checking. If you're able to find it, then backup your Quicken file, deactivate that account (if it is a duplicate account that you do not need, you can delete the account, if you prefer), then go to Tools>Add Account and follow the prompts to connect your Chase account, making sure to carefully link it to the correct nickname in Quicken.

If you're not able to find it, or are still having trouble, then I recommend that you reach out to Quicken Support directly for assistance. The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday. If you prefer to use chat and have issues with the window vanishing, that's likely being caused by a setting somewhere in your device or browser. It's also possible that you're accidentally clicking away from the chat window (although that would hide it behind other windows rather than close it out completely). Have you tried using an alternate browser to see if the issue persists?

Thank you!

(Ticket #10595111)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• rdforsha
    rdforsha Member
    Options

I have the same problem.

• Dustin1047
    Dustin1047 Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Quicken Kristina,

I also have the same problem. I just followed your advice above. However, I deactivated and then reactivated ALL Chase accounts, not just the ones with no transactions downloading. No change after. 2-3 accounts are still not downloading transactions. When will Quicken be able to resolve this issue?

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Dustin1047,

If you followed the instructions in the Community Alert and the issue is not resolved, then please reach out to Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

• Dustin1047
    Dustin1047 Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Kristina,

Okay. I will call them on Monday. I also have another issue that when Quicken renewed my membership in November, all the split transactions in my business checking account were reset to just one category. So that will need to be repaired and rebuilt as well. I hope the phone team can handle both issues. Thanks so much!

Dustin

• Dustin1047
    Dustin1047 Member ✭✭
    Options

Ok, update: I had 3 Chase accounts that were working and 3 that were not updating (2 new accounts and one with a new number). Now, after an hour on the phone with Quicken, none of them are updating. She said that it's a Chase issue and I should keep trying to see if they will update in the next few days or call Quicken back later. Hmmm. I'm in a worse spot than I was before! Very frustrating.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for the follow up @Dustin1047,

Do you happen to have the ticket number from when you spoke to Support? If so, could you please provide it so I can look up that interaction?

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• Craig McIntyre
    Craig McIntyre Member
    Options

I got bumped off the Chase download setup for unknown reasons Jan 31. I am offered the Intuit connection both though the connect online path and the add new account path. the screen shows no information than goes into fail. on the Chase side it shows the download configuration setup as OK and the last access date as the date I got bumped off. If you provide no resolution I will just continue with manual entries and balancing.

I've had Quicken Home and Business since the 90s and even though there are appreciated improvements, the instability and amount of my time to develop workarounds are increasing. I have moved all my main investment and current business work off Quicken. I largely use it for personal checking, credit card and some small working investment accounts only because of the legacy history and download and reporting convenience.

• Dustin1047
    Dustin1047 Member ✭✭
    Options

Sure Kristina, it is Case #10865554. Thanks so much!

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I reviewed your interaction with Support. It sounds like none of the accounts will update now because the ones that were working before were deactivated during the troubleshooting and then there was no option to reconnect them. Were the accounts showing on the financial institution's site when you went through the authorization, but not showing on the Add/Link screen in Quicken?

During the call, there was mention of seeing 2 different connections for Chase on the One Step Update Settings screen. Has it always been like that, or did it start doing that while you were troubleshooting with Support? Do those connections both show the same User ID? If any of the Chase accounts are shared accounts, did you make sure they are connected in your Quicken file using the primary accountholder's login credentials?

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

• Dustin1047
    Dustin1047 Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Kristina,

It has always shown 2 Chase banks. It shows 2 Bank of Americas too, because we have two credit cards with them. It shows 2 Fidelity Investments because 1 is my wife's account and 1 is mine. That is not the issue.

Yes, I made sure they are connected in my Quicken file using the primary accountholder's login credentials. Account List is showing Transaction Download as "Yes (Express Web Connect+) for all accounts, whether they are downloading or not. One of them (that won't update) says that, but also shows Last Download as "Not Available". I can go and download the transactions manually from Chase and import them and it works. But I shouldn't have to do that with Web Connect.

There was an option to connect all accounts and I did so to the proper places from Chase to Quicken (using existing accounts). I am stumped.

• dnjmaxwell
    dnjmaxwell Member ✭✭
    Options

Complete disaster.

I have 9 Chase accounts 3 savings, 4 checking and 2 cc.

• I can't get any of them to work reliably.
    • I have deactived and reactivated the accounts 20 times at least.
    • I have deactivated and reactivated sharing at Chase.
    • I have ran Super Validate/Validate countless times.
      • I run them they will report errors.
      • I will exit and come back and run them again they will run clean
      • I will attempt a download (that fails) and run Super Validate/Validate again AND THERE ARE NEW ERRORS!
    • I have attempted to load the QFX files from the Chase website into multiple accounts by selecting Edit/Delete Account on the Account and the Account Details Online Services tabs's Download and Import Transactions feature
      AND IT LITERALLY CREATES A NEW ACCOUNT (Checking at Chase)!!!!
    • So now I just copy the transactions from that generated account and still nothing syncs…it just stinks!

• Dustin1047
    Dustin1047 Member ✭✭
    Options

Yup. This is pretty much my experience as well. Why can't Quicken get this fixed? Seriously. So disappointing.

• dnjmaxwell
    dnjmaxwell Member ✭✭
    Options

I have been a software engineer/architect for over 25 years (mostly in global-scale financial systems) and there is nothing more frustrating than having software issues that I am sure I could fix if I had access to the source and documentation. Further I am sure Quicken has internal tools that allow reading and debugging their binary file formats that they could include with product (with some minor modification to protect their IP).

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your replies,

Are the problem accounts marked as business accounts or personal accounts? If they are marked as business accounts, then try making a backup of your Quicken file, deactivating the accounts, marking the accounts as personal (to do that, go to Tools>Account List, click the Edit button by the account, go to the Display Options tab, then in Account Intent, click the dropdown to change to Personal). Once they're all marked as personal, go to Tools>Add Account and follow the prompts to reconnect the accounts, being careful to link the accounts to the correct nicknames in Quicken. Once they are reconnected and downloading, you should be able to change the account intent back to business.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

• dnjmaxwell
    dnjmaxwell Member ✭✭
    Options

They are all set to personal.

As far as I can tell the issue is likely related to transaction/account matching not being handled by a single algorithm but different ones in different parts of the app and thus the results inconsistent.

Consider this attempt to (re)connect a Chase savings account.

It obviously can connect to the account as 1263 is the number of days the account has been open, even though the register is flashing in the background no transactions after 08/03/2023 get placed in the register.

If attempt to load a QFX file using the Account Details dialog it doesn't load the transactions into the selected account but creates a new one (Savings at Chase)!

The likely culprit must be weaknesses in the account matching algorithm, likely due to the QFX file having full account/routing numbers vs the Express Web Connect+ feed only supplying them in obfuscated form (XX####).

• Dustin1047
    Dustin1047 Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Kristina,

I tried your suggestion above and changed the three business accounts to personal, etc. and this worked. They are now downloading from Chase. Thank you for your help.

Of course this does not help "dnjmaxwell" in this thread, who is an expert in software engineering and a long-time Quicken user. Perhaps your team could use someone like him to debug and fix your software so it stops doing things like this.

This discussion has been closed.