Cannot Logon To Bank With Quicken

Options
alan933
alan933 Member ✭✭

When I use the password on the bank website it works.

But it no longer works in Quicken after changing the bank password and I update it in Quicken.

I now have 3 bank accounts that I cannot sync to. What is going on with this?

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 8 Answer ✓
    Options

If you have not already done so, you might want to read the Support Article regarding this error code: https://www.quicken.com/support/message-when-using-online-services-ol-332-or-ol-330.

Have you tried to do Reset Account?

Or how about Deactivate followed by Set Up Now?

(Both of these can be accessed as follows: Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab.)

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    edited January 4
    Options

Which bank? (The full name, please.)

I see one account is a Roth IRA. What are the other two accounts?

Which connection method are to trying to set up with…Direct Connect? Express Web Connect+?

When you tried to update the password in Quicken, what did you do to attempt that?

• alan933
    alan933 Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm getting this for TDAmeritrade, Vanguard, and Fidelity

• alan933
    alan933 Member ✭✭
    Options

Connecting through update option on computer app . Entered new password in dialog shown.

• alan933
    alan933 Member ✭✭
    Options

After not being told where the connect methods are explained i finally found where the connect methods are and see they are different for Fidelity. Do I need to change this? If so how is it done? I don't see a way to do that when i click edit here.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Direct Connect is the PREFERRED download method. Don't change it.

Are you still having download problems with Fidelity? Because I downloaded from them this morning, without issue.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• alan933
    alan933 Member ✭✭
    Options

still getting error on three institutions.

What else can I do?

• alan933
    alan933 Member ✭✭
    Options

Still getting this

• Boatnmaniac
    edited January 8 Answer ✓
    Options

If you have not already done so, you might want to read the Support Article regarding this error code: https://www.quicken.com/support/message-when-using-online-services-ol-332-or-ol-330.

Have you tried to do Reset Account?

Or how about Deactivate followed by Set Up Now?

(Both of these can be accessed as follows: Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab.)

• alan933
    alan933 Member ✭✭
    Options

Still not able to connect.
    I verify password but still getting error.

• alan933
    alan933 Member ✭✭
    Options

I am still getting this for three institutions.

I verify password on the next screen and still doesn't work.

What else can I do?

• alan933
    alan933 Member ✭✭
    Options

I am still getting this for three institutions.

I verified the password on the next screen , what else can I do?

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

@alan933 - Did you do what I'd suggested?

• alan933
    alan933 Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes I did a reset and got this. This is crazy I never had this problem with other financial programs. What is stopping this from connecting?
    Is there no way to solve this??

• alan933
    alan933 Member ✭✭
    Options

I did do a deactivate and set up and that allowed a connect finally.

What that means, after a week long ordeal, is that the software has a bug that does not change the login info when the screens prompt you to change it.

The "deactivate + setup" is merely a work-around for that bug.

It needs to be fixed!!!

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

Thanks for confirming that Deactivate/Reactivate resolved the connection issue for you. Perhaps that will be of assistance to others.

I don't think this is a Quicken software bug. Quicken Inc. has been having on-again/off-again server issues since the day after Christmas causing many connection issues. When the servers have been working properly during this time period, it has not been uncommon to find out that something about the issue caused some financial institution connections to become corrupted or broken.

Everything you'd posted in this thread is very similar to the issues others have reported which is why I suggested taking these actions. Reset Account and Deactivate/Reactivate have been 2 troubleshooting steps that have been pretty effective in reestablishing those corrupted/broken connections.

Another possibility is something that was caused by Fidelity Investments. In Dec they began to cut in a new connection method called Express Web Connect+. They completed the conversion near the end of Dec or early Jan. The problem is that their conversion process broke the connections for many people (including myself). In those cases, it seems that the Deactivate/Reactivate process has been the only thing that could restored the connection.

BTW, consider yourself to be very lucky if this was the first time you have ever had connection issues with Quicken. They sometimes do happen. Most of the time it is just a temporary interruption. But if they last more than 1 business day, then Reset Account and Deactivate/Reactivate are two of the many troubleshooting tools/processes we have to try to get the connections restored and functioning properly, again.

This discussion has been closed.