What Mexican banks can download transactions in Quicken

Options
waynegwillis
waynegwillis Member ✭✭
  • I have one bank checking account in Mexico, denominated in MXN (Mexican Pesos). I live in Mexico most of the time and would like to have transactions download-able to quicken — same as my US accounts (Citi, Chase, BoA, USAA Bank).
  • My current Mexican bank (Banca Mifel) doesn't support Quicken-type downloads.
  • Does anyone know of any Mexican Banks that do support transaction-level detail downloads to Quicken?

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Sorry, I cannot help you with that. Since almost everyone who posts in Quicken Community only bank in the US or Canada I do not think there will be many, if any, here who can answer that question. Your best bet to get that information might be to just start calling some of the Mexican banks and ask them. Or maybe you can find out that information by searching their website.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

Quicken supports only US financial institutions for the US edition and Canada institutions for for the Canada edition. There is no download support for financial institutions in Mexico.

You can, however, use Quicken in Mexico on a manual entry basis.

• waynegwillis
    waynegwillis Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks. Do you (or does anyone else) know of a Mexican Bank that can download transactions in csv? That would help.

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options

Sorry, I cannot help you with that. Since almost everyone who posts in Quicken Community only bank in the US or Canada I do not think there will be many, if any, here who can answer that question. Your best bet to get that information might be to just start calling some of the Mexican banks and ask them. Or maybe you can find out that information by searching their website.

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Or, instead of looking for Quicken users that happen to bank in Mexico, maybe work it from the other direction & look for online communities for expats living (and banking) in Mexico who also use Quicken (or some other finance program).

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 4
    Options

DELETED. Sorry I missed that is is for Quicken Mac.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • waynegwillis
    waynegwillis Member ✭✭
    Options

Hmmm…. manual entry takes a lot of work. I just finished year end reporting and prep for accountant and still frustrated that I can't find a Mexican bank that will support Quicken. I looked at downloading monthly statements (which in Mifel's case come in .pdf) --> convert to excel (which requires 15-30 mins/month to reformat) --> and then looked for conversion software like Propersoft (which is $120 USD/year) --> create QFX file —> import into Quicken. Ugh! As in ugh-ly! Unless anyone knows of a Mexican bank that is deploying more mature online banking services, i'm gonna visit the two neighborhood offices of Intercam and Santander, and HSBC, which are the most likely to support expats here in Cabo. I'll let you all know if I learn any thing. Thanks, @boatnmaniac and @Jon

• waynegwillis
    waynegwillis Member ✭✭
    Options

Final update to those interested:

• I spoke with the most tech-savvy and ex-pat friendly Mexican banks (Intercam, Santander, HSBC and Actinver), and none will interface with either Quicken or Quickbooks. I'm not sure about downloading in .xls or .csv filetypes, but all generate pdfs.
    • I subscribed to ProperSoft for access to their "Convert App". The good news is that it is a well-designed and documented app. It OCR's the .pdf statements perfectly and created error-free .qfx files. https://www.propersoft.net/ I'd give it 5 stars for sure.
    • The bad news is that it's $20/month, which isn't cost justified for the 12-15 transactions I do per year.
    • What I did: I subscribed for one month, converted the last year and I'll unsubscribe at EOM.

Thanks everyone for your help.

This discussion has been closed.