Does Quicken Know Their Venmo Connection No Longer Works?

Options
hbwilliams22
hbwilliams22 Member ✭✭

Since the beginning of 2024, the Venmo Connection is Quicken does not work. I've tried re-entering my Venmo password as well as deactivating the connection and re-adding it. Every time I enter my password, Quicken rejects it and tells me my password is wrong despite the Venmo password working on venmo.com and the Venmo app.

Quicken, please resolve this issue.

Quicken for Mac

Comments

• Snorkle
    Snorkle Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I have not had issues with downloading transactions from Venmo. In fact I did that yesterday. The only issue I have is that 2FA is required every time a transaction download is requested. Are you seeing this popup?

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @hbwilliams22,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

Thank you!

(Ticket #10451363/CTP-7624)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Austin@
    Austin@ Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@Snorkle Mine worked for a few days this month, and is now back to not working again. Honestly, it's been sporadic and on-and-off for a few months now. Consider yourself lucky if yours is working consistently at all. Even when mine works though, it still asks for MFA every time I update accounts, which is not ideal. Most financial institutions only require MFA when you initially connect the account in Quicken, and I wish Venmo was the same.

• BryanJ3
    BryanJ3 Member ✭✭
    Options

Same thing is happening for me @Austin@ It prompts me for MFA for a few logins, and then disconnects altogether. Super frustrating @Quicken Kristina - please escalate this as many of us use our venmo frequently and its a big part of tracking transactions.

• EdQuickUser
    EdQuickUser Member ✭✭
    Options

Getting CC-503 error, even though log on credentials are correct and can log on to website.

Tried loading backup quicken file that worked for Venmo downloads before, but get error "Quicken online service unavailable. Wait 10 minutes and try again."

I tried adding a new account and when I get to the Search for financial institution screen and type in Venmo it says "No Results Found"

• quidster
    quidster Member ✭✭
    Options

I can confirm that I'm also getting the FDP-103 error on mac Version 7.5.0 (Build 705.51936.100)

I can also confirm that the same credentials work via browser

Just your friendly neighborhood student of Quicken.
  • Evita
    Evita Member ✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Kristina any updates on the issue with connecting Venmo to Quicken?

• bk8612
    bk8612 Member
    Options

This issue is caused because Venmo sees every sync as the connection of a new device. They then lock your account because it looks suspicious. You can call them to have them issue a security lift, but that only fixes the issue for one login, then the issue repeats itself.

The solution is for Quicken to work to have "Remember the device" so that Venmo doesn't flag the connections as suspicious.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Evita,

I recommend you bookmark this Community Alert to get any updates, when available, and know when the issue is resolved.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.