Can't make payments from Wells Fargo account after change to EWC+

Options

This discussion was created from comments split from:

Quicken Windows - Seriously confused after Well Fargo Update

Comments

• Mr. Fritz
    Mr. Fritz Member
    Options

Apparently the recent update to Wells Fargo doesn't work for making payments. The system makes a change to "Express Web Direct Connect+" on alternative connection is offered. Wells Fargo advises that only "Direct Connect" will work for make payments via Check Free. Not sure this is true as I started a new Quicken to get rid of past unneeded accounts and this where I discovered the problem

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Mr. Fritz,

To use Quicken to send bill payment instructions to Wells Fargo, you do need the payment account connected using Direct Connect. The reason for this is that Direct Connect is a connection option that has 2 way communication with the financial institution (which allows Quicken to send bill payment instructions to the financial institution), whereas Express Web Connect+ is a one way connection. If you accidentally switched that account to Express Web Connect+, then please follow these instructions to switch the connecting back to Direct Connect:

1. Backup your Quicken file.
    2. Deactivate the account(s) that you want to switch to Direct Connect.
    3. Go to Tools>Add Account.
    4. Search for Wells Fargo.
    5. Click Advanced Options.
    6. On the next screen, click Continue.
    7. Then, on the "How should Quicken connect?" screen, make sure Direct Connect is selected and click Next.
    8. Follow the prompts.
      1. Note: If you get a "not your fault" error, you may need to authorize the connection on the Wells Fargo website by going to https://www.wellsfargo.com/fmssetup.
    9. Carefully link your account(s) to the correct nickname in Quicken.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.