Edit this instance and All Future Instances Broken For Recurring items like Paychecks with Splits

Options
Marieonly
Marieonly Member ✭✭

This function has completely broken for a while now. This is the worst problem I have seen ever in Quicken and I have been using it since 2004. I used to be able to use this option when I received a raise to change my splits in my recurring paycheck. When I press on edit this and all future instances, in the past it would open the split categories for a paycheck and you would make the changes and it would carry over to future instances. This is not behaving properly. This opens the window that doesn't show my splits. Now if I want to make a change, I have to delete the recurring paycheck and re-enter it as a new recurring paycheck. This is ridiculous. I am a LONG_TIME user of Quicken. This was reported last summer and is still a problem. What is going on?!

Best Answer

• RichardCSchreyer
    RichardCSchreyer Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I was able to replicate this problem with the latest release for split transactions…a workaround until it is fixed is to delete the old reminder and create a new reminder with the updated split information. Even though youcan edit the split and save for all future transactions it reverts the variance from the original back to blank category.

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Does this problem only apply to paychecks?

If so I will edit the title to reflect that.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

For what it is worth I'm not seeing this if I edit all the instances of a paycheck from the next reminder in the register:

This one:

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • RichardCSchreyer
    RichardCSchreyer Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I was able to replicate this problem with the latest release for split transactions…a workaround until it is fixed is to delete the old reminder and create a new reminder with the updated split information. Even though youcan edit the split and save for all future transactions it reverts the variance from the original back to blank category.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 6
    Options

@RichardCSchreyer Are you just seeing this issue with Paychecks as described above, or is is with all split Reminders? Also was the problem Reminder set to Auto enter or Remind me?

I tried a simple test with a simple split Reminder which I created and then edited from the Bills & Income Stack view and the editing seems to work OK for me. I did notice that if I edit "This and all future" and then click on Enter for the transaction, the amount and date due are grayed out, which seems odd.

Please list the exact steps you took to replicate this problem.

Thanks.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Marieonly
    Marieonly Member ✭✭
    Options

I only have recurring reminders with Splits for my husband and my paychecks. Months ago I was unable to edit splits on my paycheck and was forced to delete that recurring paycheck and re-enter it and now the splits show up for my paycheck when Editing this and future…

My husband's paycheck is still not allowing me to edit this instance and all future instances correctly. There is a way to see the splits but it is not the same as with my paycheck. I am unable to delete line items; I can only zero out the charge. I guess when he get his annual raise I will have to delete his paycheck and start over or sooner. It didn't used to be this way. When I choose Edit this instance and all future instances, this is what comes up:

If I click on Split in the Details box, this comes up:

And when I click on the Split icon in the middle of Category and Tag; I see this strange split screen that doesn't allow delete:

I zeroed out two items but it looks like it added those to line 11., which doesn't say anything. I will probably have to redo his whole paycheck.

• PHLAviator
    PHLAviator Member
    Options

I"m having the same issue today, version R53.32. And it's been broken for a while. Please fix this.

• lwoodfin
    lwoodfin Member ✭✭
    edited January 13
    Options

Same problem - latest version. After modifying splits, the numbers for 2024 are correct. But try to enter that modified transaction (whose total displays 100% correct for 2024) and the old paycheck screen comes up with 2023 paycheck info. Where is the paycheck editor? Rerun the paycheck wizard and the forms are blank - like it doesn't even know there is an established paycheck already. But clearly the paycheck data is retained - how else quicken locate the old info when you try to enter a corrected scheduled transaction? And, if they can find that old paycheck info to dork up your new paycheck anytime you try to enter it, then why can't they find it for you to edit? You don't have to have a Software degree to spot the lunacy here.

PS: I had this same problem last year so its not new. A simple search for "edit paycheck" will show threads back to early 2023. Where Q reps weigh in, its the same rote advice you get with support calls/chats. Restore old file - file repair utility - etc. Like the problem is the with us users. Or its "I have forwarded the issue the appropriate place" - without the common courtesy to acknowledge its a known issue. [Removed - Speculation/Rant]

• Marieonly
    Marieonly Member ✭✭
    Options

I think I fixed it but I had to Delete the old recurring paycheck and use Paycheck Wizard and create a new recurring paycheck. Sad that I had to do all that work.

• Q97
    Q97 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you have mobile sync turned on, you might try turning it off. Once I did that, my paycheck issues, including this one, stopped occurring.

This discussion has been closed.