Return (%) YTD Column Doesn't Show Any Data for ETF

System
System Member admin
edited February 6 in Investing (Windows)
This discussion was created from comments split from: N/A in returns YTD.

Comments

• mikadog
    mikadog Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

Why doesn't the Return (%) YTD column show any data for ETF;s. Also Morningstar rankings for these etf's don't show any data??

• mikadog
    mikadog Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

I can't believe it would be very difficult to get the ETF data in that YTD return column. Why is Quicken not providing it? It is there for all my stocks and mutual funds but not a single ETF. Morningstar Cat Ranks for ETF's also not provided

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

The Return (%) YTD data is downloaded from Quicken's quote provider, not calculated based on your data. Quicken would need to work with the quote provider to resolve this issue.

Forum Moderators sometimes review issues discussed here and refer them to Development, but if you want Quicken to work on a problem, I recommend you contact Support via phone.  Be sure the support agent understands the problem and gives you a ticket number for future reference.

You should also use the Help > Report a Problem menu in Quicken to submit the issue online. In your submission, be as clear and thorough as possible. Reference the ticket number and provide a link to this discussion. Provide step by step instructions to reproduce the problem. You will not get a response to an electronic submission, but they say they review and prioritize the submissions. 

QWin Premier subscription
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

While your file might have Morningstar Rating, Risk, and Return info downloaded for the ETFs, the program does not display that information in Portfolio views unless the security has Security Type = Mutual Fund.

See this idea:

This discussion has been closed.