All Portfolio Custom Views on the Investment Register

Options
BRETTB
BRETTB Member ✭✭✭✭
edited February 10 in Investing (Windows)

On the portfolio tab quicken allows for some custom views, but these custom views are not allowed or show on the investment register where you can see your holdings (it only has the default ones (Value, Recent Performance, …)

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @BRETTB,

To assist, could you please provide more information? It's not clear if you're asking a question or making a suggestion. What custom views are you trying to see, where are you trying to see them, and what happens when you try (eg - not available, appears to be available but doesn't work, etc)?

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• BRETTB
    BRETTB Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

In the Investing>Portfolio there is a "Show" where one can create different views. The custom views here do not show up on the Investment Register >Holding >drop down window (only the four default one show up). We should see the custom ones too.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I suppose you would also like to be able to fully customize the Holdings views, to choose which columns to display.

QWin Premier subscription
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@BRETTB I understand your request, but I disagree with respect to development spending time on that task. As I see it, the pop-up that gets presented from the "Holdings" button on an investment transactions list is a snapshot of that account only. In addition to the holdings, the account details and attributes are also presented. But it is all just about that one account.

The Portfolio View, on the other hand is frequently about all accounts or a collection of accounts. Data presented might be grouped by account, or by several other groupings. The data might be limited to certain securities or security types.

For me, the two presentations serve different purposes. The whole depth of the portfolio view selection is available a keystroke away (Ctrl-U) when I need or want it and can be a click away if I save the right icon to the Quicken toolbar.

• BRETTB
    BRETTB Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Having done programming and seeing that its (the customized views) on the portfolio view already, think it was just overlooked by the programmer to have it in one section and not the other.

It's really should be a simple task and not take a whole lot of time to add our customized views to the drop down list.

Anything to making the user experience easier.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I disagree with this. It isn't a good practice to try to make something that was meant to be dedicated for a certain purpose into a "general purpose" feature.

What's more developer time is always limited. It should be spent on things that are more important to the most customers.

That is in fact, why requests like this should be submitted from the home page as New Post → New Idea, which allows for people to vote on it, so that Quicken Inc can get a feel for how many people really want a given feature.

And personally, I can think of tons other things I rather have them work on.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.