Duplicate future reminder

Options

My HelloFresh weekly reminder, for some reason, always shows a duplicate future reminder for the next payment date. Before the 8 Jan payment, that was the duplicated reminder. Now it's the 15th.

I've deleted the reminder several times and re-created it, that hasn't helped. This is happening on the newest release of Quicken Classic Windows. Any ideas?

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @sneff30,

To assist with this issue, would you please provide more information? When did you first notice the issue? Are you seeing this reminder duplicated anyplace else (such as in the Calendar or Bills & Income)? Are any other reminders getting duplicated this way?

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• sneff30
    sneff30 Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for replying.

No, this isn't being duplicated anywhere else outside the budget screen. I'm new to Quicken within the last week, and this has been duplicated since I created the reminder.

I've replicated the issue by creating another weekly recurring reminder. Seems Quicken is duplicating the next occurrence of all weekly reminders.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited January 8
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I was able to replicate the issue and have forwarded it to the proper channels to be further investigated. In the meantime, please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.  

(CTP-8673) 

Quicken Kristina

• Morris K
    Morris K Member
    Options

The problem statement from sneff30 isn't limited to just that installation. EVERY time I run One Step Update, numerous items in the "Bills, Income and Transfers" tab get duplicated. Some of them even get triplicated.

I spend a significant amount of team cleaning these up after EVERY one step update. I've even seen it happen when I've downloaded transactions in a QFX file and applied them to a single account. Sometimes the duplicates show up as exact matches to the original, with the exception being that no "Last Payment" value appears for the duplicate. Sometimes the duplicates appear as transfers.

I thought maybe the dups were getting created during the synch process with my cloud data store so I created a fresh cloud copy, but the problem persisted after doing that. I've disabled "Sync to Cloud" in One-Step Update, and that doesn't help either.

This problem seemed to start with a program update applied in late December or early January.

• sneff30
    sneff30 Member ✭✭
    Options

@Morris K I never had any issue with reminders duplicating on the list you’re showing. My resolution was to just stop including future reminders on my budget screen (and to start tracking spending on the annual view instead of monthly).

Hope this gets resolved for you.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Morris K,

The issue you describe sounds like a file specific issue. To troubleshoot this issue, I suggest that you start by validating and/or super validating your data file.  Please save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.   

Let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

• ACoburn73
    ACoburn73 Member ✭✭
    edited February 10
    Options

I just did this again just as a sanity check.

And guess what? It happened again directly on the restart! Deleted 2/3 of my future entered mortgage payments. So I spent 20 minutes reentering all of them for the rest of 2024.

Then duplicated random entries throughout 2025. I'm not even sure I got them all because I got fed up scrolling and trying to find the duplicates.

Also found 4 bill entries for future dates deleted - in one case the rest of the year from May on. Another 10 minutes reentering those items.

[Removed - Disruptive]

• ACoburn73
    ACoburn73 Member ✭✭
    Options

This did not and has yet to work for me. I still get duplicates and even future entries deleted.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @ACoburn73,

If the Validate/Super Validate did not correct the issue, then the next step is to restore a backup from before the issue started, if possible, and test if the issue persists in the newly restored file.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm able to reproduce this problem with no difficulty; it does appear to be a bug.  But I'm not sure it is a significant enough problem to prevent including reminders in a budget. 

[Technically I would not call the line with the duplicate date a "duplicate reminder" since the two amounts in the two lines have different algebraic signs. The positive amount is comparable to the way Quicken displays expense transactions that were entered in a register from a reminder: see the "Monthly Bills & Deposits tab in the Bill and Income Reminders List: expense reminders not yet entered have a minus sign, expense reminders entered ("Paid") have a plus sign.]

The reason I don't think the problem calls for excluding reminders from the budget is that (in my tests with R54.16) the issue appears confined to the "Transactions" popups. And even there it does not affect the yearly total at the foot of the "Transactions" popup".

Further, the budget "Actual" amounts (the total of recorded transactions and reminders) for each budget month and for the budget year are also not affected by the problem.

-JP

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.