_EmpStkOptInc reporting bug

Options
renaldorey
renaldorey Member ✭✭
edited February 21 in Reports (Windows)

When I run an "income and expense by category" type report, the automated _EmpStkOptInc entries that were generated when using the exercise stock options wizard show up correctly in the report. So that tells me they are in the quicken database.

However, when I run an "itemized categories" report, this _EmpStkOptInc entries will never show up, even when selected in the customize/categories window.

If I manually add a transaction in the ledger (like MiscInc) and set the category to _EmpStkOptInc, then that will show up in the "itemized categories" report. But the autogenerated ones never show up.

This seems like it must be a bug, the itemized category report should be able to display ALL categories. If you didn't want it displayed, you would just unselect it.

I like to use this report, because I can expand the categories and look at individual transactions.

Anybody else have this same problem?

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @renaldorey,

When did this issue begin to occur? After a recent update? Do you receive any error codes or messages?

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Iaidoka777
    Iaidoka777 Member
    Options

Reports is just today adding unselected categories. I have never had this problem with Reports before. I've used Quicken Reports for well over a decade; it's always been reliable.

In Itemized Categories I select the date range/customize/select "only transactions within selected categories"/clear all/check the categories and sub-categories I want, and then the report includes unselected transactions. I've now tried this procedure several times, selecting different categories each time.

Yes, I have confirmed that only my selected categories and subcategories show check marks before I click "Show Report."

I rely on Quicken Reports for tax prep, so the timing for this bug to appear is especially lousy.

Quicken, please fix this bug! I've received no error codes or messages.

Thanks.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Iaidoka777,

Thank you for joining this thread.

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Please let me know how this goes.

-Quicken Jasmine

• renaldorey
    renaldorey Member ✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Jasmine As far as I can remember, this has always been the case. I have been finding various workarounds for this for many years, but none of them are very good, and forces me to make a bunch of manual entries. It may be that it was ok more than 5+ years ago…I can't remember back that far!

No errors, codes, etc. It's just that those entries don't show up in that particular type of report for some reason.

Would be nice if this was fixed.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @renaldorey,

Due to the length of time with which you have been experiencing this issue, I recommend contacting Quicken Support directly for further assistance as an escalation may be in order.

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that we could not be of more assistance.

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.