Quicken UI Pet Peeve - Inconsistency between "Business" and "Personal" [Edited]

Options
JoelC
JoelC Member ✭✭✭✭
edited January 7 in Canada Windows

I would like to see the UI changes to teh Accounts listing on the leftmost side of the Quicken window such that there are two top level headings "Personal" and "Business" each with their sub-headings (i.e., banking / investing / property and debt, etc.) nested below.

The pet peeve is the inconsistency between the structuring of business accounts (all of which appear under the top level heading "Business") and personal accounts (which do not have a top level heading of "Personal).

I would also like to see similar changes to the classification of Categories as I find the current structure similarly confusing and inconsistent.

Would be interested in finding out whether this is idea worthy (noting I am guessing not).

3 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@JoelC

PLEASE post in the Canada forum.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

You really need to start feature requests as an "Idea" so that people can vote on it. That is how Quicken Inc tries to determine if there is any interest in this idea. You can do that by going to the Home page and select New Post → New Idea.

As for posting this in "Canada forum". If I'm not mistaken this idea applies to both Canada and the US.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • JoelC
    JoelC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Chris_QPW I did think about posting it as an idea but I thought few would be interested, will correct that next time.

Perhaps a mod can move it for me.

• JoelC
    JoelC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@NotACPA apologies but I was under the impression that issues that solely Canadian should be posted in the Canada forum whereas issues that apply to both should be posted outside the Canada forum. Is this not correct?

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Note that there is a "Flag" on all posts. You can select that and there is an option for "Move". This sends the message you type in the box to the moderator with a pointer to the original comment. I have done that for this one.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • JoelC
    JoelC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Appreciated and thank you for letting me know.