Is it possible to hide inactive/closed accounts and securities from drop down lists??

ken1619
ken1619 Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭
edited February 8 in Investing (Windows)

Is it possible to hide inactive/closed accounts and securities from drop down lists?? This seems to have been a problem since before 2022? Has it been resolved?

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

To hide accounts from entry lists, go to Tools > Account list, find the account you want to hide, and click on Edit. On the Display options tab, check the Hide in transaction entry lists and Separate boxes.

To hide securities, go to Tools > Security List, find the security you want to hide, and check the Hide box.

QWin Premier subscription
  • ken1619

Jim,

Unfortunately, I have checked the "Hide in Transaction list" and "Separate" boxes in the Display options but the account still show up as with (inactive) listed after each one.

Also, the Hide boxes of different securities have been checked but also still show up in drop down box under the investing tab when working with Morningstar.

Thanks!

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

When you say "working with Morningstar" is that in the settings for the portfolio X-Ray?

I have never seen (inactive) listed with an account. Where specifically do you see that? Could you post a screenshot please?

QWin Premier subscription
  • ken1619

Yes, that is working with drop downs for portfolio X-Ray. I prefer not to provide a screen shot but all old closed accounts shown up in the drop down boxes and have "(inactive)" after them.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭

Quicken has certainly been inconsistent on applying the "hide account" setting, and I see the same thing as @ken1619 for the accounts in the Portfolio X-Ray account list. I don't see a problem in the Security list. There the show hidden securities checkbox works fine for me.

As you can see, I have prefixed them with Z_Closed because this kind of problem happening at various places in Quicken.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.