Failure when trying to connect a Capital One bank account

Options
JennyGut50
JennyGut50 Member

I am unable to connect my Capital One Money Market account to my Quicken app, although I was able to connect the Checking account with no problem. Even though I use the exact same log in to sign into both Checking and Money Market.

I set up both checking & money market years ago and they were working fine. Then a few months ago, i'd get an error when I tried to upload the Checking data (the MM worked fine). I was updating manually for a while, then disconnected the checking from online & set up again. Checking worked fine, but now MM was unable to connect. I tried the same fix, disconnecting the MM from online and then reconnecting, But now when I try to set up the connection to the MM I get an error that reads:

Sign into Capital One 360 bank failed. Try again. Sorry the sign in failed due to a time out or a connection error. Select Sign In to authenticate via your web browser.

When I click the Sign In button, the sign in page pops up for a moment, then it goes back to the failure screen.

Note that both the checking account and MM are accessed on the same page, and one login (on the bank's website) allows access to both. but I only seem to be able to connect one of them to Quicken.

I am using Google Chrome on a Lenovo laptop running Windows 11

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @JennyGut50,

To troubleshoot this issue, I recommend that you start by pausing or temporarily disabling any browser extensions/plug-ins that you are using (sometimes they interfere with communication). If the issue persists after that, I suggest that you temporarily set a different default browser (this can help if a browser setting is interfering with communication). It is also recommended that you pause any VPN, firewall, or anti-virus software while connecting/reconnecting the account.

You also mentioned that connecting one account disconnects the other, even though they're using the same login credentials? What error message/code are you getting (if any)? If you're not getting an error, then what is happening to indicate the account is no longer connected? I can see that there are several connection options available for Capital One; have you tried using a different connection option?

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Clarkski
    Clarkski Member ✭✭
    Options

Same problem now has been going on for 3-4 months.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Clarkski,

To assist with this issue, please provide more information. Are you seeing this happen with Capital One also, or a different financial institution? What type of account(s) is this happening with? Which connection are you trying to connect to in Quicken (Capital One 360, Capital One Card Services, etc)? When you try to connect/reconnect the account(s) are you going to Tools>Add Account and following the prompts?

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.