Extending Membership using a Code from new CD (an FYI)

Options

I asked Question on Quick Answers - Want to share the answer.

Q Can my existing Quicken membership be extended using the code from a new (unused) CD?

Yes, if you have a CD with a new activation code, you can use it to renew your Quicken subscription. Once your current subscription expires, you can enter the new activation code within your Quicken software. This will extend your subscription for the term that's specified on the CD packaging. It’s important to note that your new subscription will start on the day you activate the code, not at the end of your current subscription. If you activate your code before your current subscription ends, the remaining time will not be added to your new subscription.

Comments

• Gene Carey
    Gene Carey Member ✭✭
    Options

Not wishing to lose 81 days left on current membership, I will delay my purchase.

Gene (BassFiddle)

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 8
    Options

I am not doubting that Quicken support told you that, BUT, it is in complete opposition to what they have stated in the past. In the past, activating a code in the last 6 months of a subscription would extend the expiration date of the subscription (assuming no change in edition).

If you are changing editions (i.e. Starter → Deluxe, etc), there is a proration process that gives you credit for time/cost left on your current subscription.

I will flag the moderator to follow up on this and tell officially what the real corporate policy is. If your support person is incorrect, they will probably get some refresher training.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I can say that I did this in November (2023), got a CD with an activation code on sale from Newegg, and it extended my subscription that was due to expire on 1/17/2024.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Nalgas
    Nalgas Member ✭✭✭
    Options

So, if my membership will expire in April and I get the CD now, will it add the year to the date expiring in April? 3 months from now?

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, it will. It will extend the subscription until April of 2025.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.