why arent question interactive?

Options

as far as i can tell from trying to understand why reminders in the register show when they are not supposed to, this community is not reliable or intuitive

Answers

• long4
    long4 Member ✭✭
    Options

oh, and this is a Mac version 7.4.2

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is forum, not chat. If you want to chat with Quicken support, you can contact them here:

https://www.quicken.com/support#windows

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@long4 If you would provide more information about the question you're trying to get answered, some of us here might be able to help you.

trying to understand why reminders in the register show when they are not supposed to

I'll take a guess what you're referring to here…

In each register, the control of what reminders are visible is controlled by the tiny clock icon in the upper right, under the Search box. Click the icon and select from the dropdown menu:

Note that this is set for each register individually. You might want to see 60 days of reminders in on eaccount but only the Next One Due (for each scheduled transaction), or none, in another register. And note that registers refers to individual accounts, as well as subgroups (Cash, Credit Card, Banking), main groups (Banking, Investing), and All Transactions — the reminders setting is set for each one independently.

If that's not what you were inquiring about, please provide more information.

P.S. As Chris said, this is not interactive chat, and this community forum is not Quicken Support. It's mostly fellow users trying to help each other, along with a handful of Quicken moderators who keep things organized and answer some questions as well. you can always use Quicken Support chat service if you want to have an interactive conversation; better, if you use the free phone support, the representatives can (with your permission) share your screen so you can show them exactly what you're seeing.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • long4
    long4 Member ✭✭
    edited January 9
    Options

Thank you Gentlemen for yourinsight. I do know that it is a Community and not the Company. I apologize if I offended anyone. Here is a screen shot of my question. Why, if the reminders is OFF, why do they show for a year or even a week?

Whhen I attempted to ask this in various ways, there was not clear answer. Please advise .

Thank you for your time. Randy

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 9
    Options

@long4 I don't see any reminders in that screen shot, those are all actual transactions. A reminder has a little clock symbol in the status column & is grayed out like the bottom two transactions here:

If you simply enter a transaction with a future date into the register, it doesn't create a reminder. Reminders are created from the Bills & Income tab.

If you want to have transactions in the register with dates in the future and not have those transactions displayed, you'll need to use the Date filter on the register & select one of the "To Date" options.

• long4
    long4 Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you Jon. When I check last month for Date, it still shows transaction projected through the year. There are items in the Bills and Income that have transactions showing in the future transactions that are wrong.

Astounding that Quicken for PC is easier to use than the one for Mac.

I appreciate your time. Best to you all for the new year.

R

This discussion has been closed.