Why do I get duplicate transactions downloaded from TD Bank (US)

Options

Beginning on 12/16/2023, when R53.16 was installed, Quicken downloads 5 instances of every transaction in my TD Bank Savings accounts. I also have a checking account, which does not have the same problem.

I am using Direct Connect for these accounts for bill pay support.

As a test, I created new accounts and the initial download included 5 instances for each transaction. All of the transactions have a unique FITID value.

This a new file, created in November 2023, and the initial download at that time did not have this problem.

Please help!

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @saw99.sw,

From what you describe, this sounds a lot like the information is coming to Quicken that way directly from the financial institution. That unique FITID value would make Quicken see them as unique transactions rather than duplicates.

If you want to check for file specific issues, then you can try running a Validate/Super Validate to see if that corrects the issue. Please save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.   

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• saw99.sw
    saw99.sw Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Kristina,

What's odd is that it didn't start happening until 12/16 when R53.16 got installed. Before that time, I had no such problem.

Is there an intermediary, like Intuit, involved in this connection? If so, the problem may be there.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Usually, if there's an issue on the aggregation service provider's end, the issue would be more widespread. Did you try backing up your file and performing the Validate/Super Validate?

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• hgbaker1
    hgbaker1 Member
    Options

It's been happening to me too.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @hgbaker1,

To troubleshoot this issue, please start by checking the Downloaded ID column and verifying if the duplicate transactions have a unique ID. If that column isn't visible in the account register, click the gear icon near the top right of the register, go to Register Columns, then select Downloaded ID and click Done.

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.