Quicken Classic Business & Personal Version R53.32 Windows 11 Invoicing Problem

Options

I do not know when it started due to the fact that I have manually corrected it. The problem is as follows: When I re-open an Invoice I find that the Project Job, and the Business Tag areas did not hold their information. If I add the information a second time, close and re-open, the information is then held. I do know this problem has been consistent through 2023. Sample of our tags below:

Project/Job:Cache County Utah Business Tag: Judy A_____ APRN Interdependent Contractor Utah

There are other's that we use also.

Thanks-Manny A

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Manuel Arruda,

Are you receiving any error codes or messages? This sounds like there could be a data file issue, have you noticed any other odd behavior regarding invoices and tags?

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Manuel Arruda
    Manuel Arruda Member ✭✭
    Options

Every thing else seems to be fine.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you haven't done so already, please do the following actions:

1. Even if you are on the latest software level already, download and install the latest Manual Patch file from https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product to ensure your Quicken software is up to date and correctly installed.
    2. Reboot Windows.
    3. Start Quicken. Do not run One Step Update.
    4. Test to see if the problem has been resolved. If not, proceed with the remaining steps.
    5. Run BOTH Validate and Supervalidate to attempt to repair your Quicken data file.
    6. If nothing helps, try to restore your Quicken data file from an Automatic or Manual backup taken just prior to the problems first occurring. https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Validate and Supervalidate instructions
    First save a backup file prior to performing these steps
    Validate: 
    • Click File
    • Select Validate and Repair File...
    • Select Validate File
    • If the data file contains investment accounts also select "Rebuild investing lots".
    • If you suspect that a damaged Quotes Price History causes your problems, also select "Correct investing price history" functions "Delete" or "Repair and Rebuild".
    • Click OK
    • Review the Data Log. Anything interesting in there, worthwhile posting here?
    • Close Quicken (leave it closed for about 30 secs)
    • Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:
    • Click File
    • Press and hold both CTRL and Shift keys while you click Validate and Repair File...
    • Select Supervalidate File
    • Click OK
    • Review the Data Log. Anything interesting in there, worthwhile posting here?
    • Close Quicken (leave it closed for about 30 secs)
    • Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

• Manuel Arruda
    Manuel Arruda Member ✭✭
    Options

Will try & get back. Thanks

• Manuel Arruda
    Manuel Arruda Member ✭✭
    Options

I completed steps 1-5. Could not perform step 6 as I do not know exactly when the problem came up. I just know its been at least through 2023. Nothing sticks out in the Validate & repair files which I have attached for your review. I actually performed in two steps. I did the Validate & Repair only Dated 011124A, Then the Validate, Repair with Investing lots Dated -11124B for your review.

If you agree that nothing should affect this problem from what is there, I will go ahead and perform the Super Validate.

Thanks - Manny

• Manuel Arruda
    Manuel Arruda Member ✭✭
    Options

My assumption is that anything concerning Investing would not be related. Would you agree?

This discussion has been closed.