Sharing my experience adding Royal Bank Accounts to Quicken Classic

Options
Francois
Francois Member ✭✭

I struggled adding my Royal Bank Accounts to Quicken Classic and I thought I'd share my experience.

FYI, when I mention Quicken Classic, I mean the US Edition. I know nothing of the Canadian Edition.

Please note that RBC Royal Bank and RBC Bank are two different entities and websites operated by Royal Bank of Canada.

I recently opened a RBC Royal Bank Canadian savings account and a RBC Bank cross-border checking account and linked them. The RBC Royal Bank savings account can be accessed using the RBC Mobile app but not the RBC Bank checking account (as far as I know).

When I initially opened the RBC Royal Bank savings account, I added 2FA, the second FA being the app on my phone. DO NOT ADD 2FA if you want to link the account to Quicken. It won't work.

To add the RBC Royal Bank savings account to Quicken Classic, use RBC Bank - Online Banking. You'll be prompted to answer one of your security questions.

To add the RBC Bank cross-border checking account to Quicken Classic, use RBC - Loan. You'll be prompted to answer two of your security questions.

Hope this helps. Cheers.

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Francois,

Thank you for coming to share this useful information to other users!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.