Saved Reports

Options
khunter
khunter Member

I'm transitioning from Quicken Cash Manager 2008 to Quicken Classic. I only have one saved report - My Itemized Categories. I checked the report a couple of weeks ago and it was correct. But when I checked the report a couple of days ago some of the transactions are identified as Income whereas all categories should be identified as Expenses. How do I change this?

Also, is it possible to access a previous report that had all categories listed correctly for verification purposes? Thanks for the help.

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Could it have something to do with the new year 2024? Can you select Last Year at the top or in the customize screen?

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

"some of the transactions are identified as Income whereas all categories should be identified as Expenses. How do I change this?"

Are you really referring to individual "transactions" here or are you referring to "Categories." If the latter, (and assuming some sort of Spending report) are you saying that amounts are showing in the "Income" section of the report, or are you seeing them in the "Expenses" section, but in red with a negative? The latter can occur if some prior period expenses get reversed, like the return of items purchase in the prior year.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lots of possibilities. In no particular order.

1. Saved reports have been known to be messed up after certain updates, probably due to changes in how the report generation is handled. Try recreating the report.
    2. A new "customize" dialog has been introduce very recently and it has been giving people problems. If you are doing something in the customize dialog and it doesn't look right, try switching back to the old interface (link is at the bottom of the dialog).
    3. There isn't any "previous report" unless you stored it say in a PDF file. A "saved report" is a template for generating a report, not the report itself. And what it will generate depends on both what version of Quicken you are running and what data you are running the report with.
    4. The only way to move a category from income to expense would be to go into that category from the category list and change if it is selected as income or expense. But the conversion from Quicken 2008 to Quicken Subscription shouldn't have changed that.
    5. Check to make sure that the "Organization" on "Customize" dialog is what you think it should be. Depending on what is set there it can group categories differently.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.