Discover not downloading (QWin)

Options

This discussion was created from comments split from:

Discover not downloading (QMac)

Comments

• Pam Flaig
    Pam Flaig Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Definitely something wrong with the discover connection. This is windows too.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Pam Flaig,

To assist with this issue, please provide more information. What kind of account(s) is having this issue? Which connection with Discover are you using (Discover Bank, Discover Card, etc)? Are you getting any error messages/codes? Is the problem account(s) one that was previously connected and working in your Quicken, or is this an account you're trying to add for the first time?

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Frustrated!!
    Options

I have been having this issue since mid December. I contacted Discover today, who told me that they no longer support Quicken downloads DUE TO THE INCREASED FEES QUICKEN NOW CHARGES!! I have been a Quicken user almost since it's inception. A primary reason is the ease of use in tracking finances. PLEASE CORRECT THIS!!!

• Frustrated!!
    Options

As an aside, I cannot find ANYWHERE an email address to send a note to customer service to lodge this complaint!

• Ralphsav
    Ralphsav Member ✭✭
    Options

One step update just skips Discover Credit Card Account tells me updated but not. Windows PC Updated Quicken

• DOS
    DOS Member ✭✭
    edited January 17
    Options

I continue to have the same issue with my Discover credit card. There are no error messages. The last time the credit card transactions downloaded was after the billing period ended (1/5/2024). Not sure this is related but I guess I will know after the current billing period ends in February. The Online Balance in Quicken matches the balance shown on discover.com but the Quicken Ending Balance does not due to the missing transactions. There isn't even an option to download transactions from discover.com in a Quicken format. I download my transactions from discover.com in a csv format and then paste them into Quicken. This solves the balances not matching. Discover back accounts download without any issues. I wish Quicken and Discover could get together on this.

• jnross
    jnross Member ✭✭
    edited January 19
    Options

[Removed - Rant/Speculation]

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @jnross,

The Community is a forum where users help each other and there are a handful of moderators like myself who can do some troubleshooting with you. Posts on the Community are not the same as contacting Quicken Support. A post is not a trouble ticket and will get closed when it has been inactive for about a month, even if the issue is not resolved.

What kind of accounts are you having issues with (credit, checking, savings, something else)? Are you connecting using the Discover Bank or the Discover Card connection option in Quicken? When was the last successful download for the account(s)?

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

• VZ rental
    VZ rental Member
    Options

After chatting with multiple Quicken reps and trying numerous times and different ways to correct this error, I looked on the quicken community. I came across one comment that said to deactivate Discover Card (in the general tab, I also deleted the financial institution name and account number after deactivation). Then add account using Discover Card Account Center, NOT Discover Bank. My discover card transactions have finally downloaded.

• Frustrated!!
    Options

I followed the same directions - Deactivate account/Reset account multiple times. Still doesn't work. This happened with another credit card several years ago and it took MANY users from both the credit card company and the Quicken community to get the organizations to agree that they were harming their customers and fix the problem. On the assumption (I really don't like using that word!) that the Discover rep was correct, that the issue is related to charges from Quicken, the only way I know to fix the problem is for people to weigh in. I cannot find an email for EITHER organization to send my displeasure over this situation. For Discover, in addition to calling customer service and requesting the "run it up the chain of command", I sent a letter to

Discover Financial Services

P.O. Box 30943

Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0943

I am STILL looking for how to communicate my displeasure to Quicken. Anyone have thoughts??

• Daniel Borowicz
    Daniel Borowicz Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I found that my Discover checking and savings are linked to Discover Bank, so was my Discover Credit card.

After I changed my Discover Credit card to Discover Card Services the download worked.

Thanks

I have windows 11, Quicken deluxe subscription
  • jnross
    jnross Member ✭✭
    edited January 22
    Options

@Quicken Kristina

I attempted to switch from "Discover Bank" to "Discover Card" over the last two months multiple times. I last tried it about a week ago. Each time, I would receive an error about authentication. Today, I tried it and it made it past user/pass auth and onto the 2-factor auth and I was able to download my updated transactions.

Something's changed and it is frustrating to have no communication either as a follow up to the ticket I have with support or here in this community.

• JohnS956
    JohnS956 Member ✭✭
    Options

Any attempt to connect Discover Bank or Card results in error cc-502 and causes my Discover account to Lock.

l have to call Discover in order unlock account so I can retrieve transactions to manually enter .

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your replies @jnross and @JohnS956,

I've seen some people with Discover credit cards report that it works when they connect to the Discover Card Account Center option in Quicken.

If you haven't already tried connecting to that one, I'd recommend giving it a try.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

• Daniel Borowicz
    Daniel Borowicz Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Yes that worked for me

I have windows 11, Quicken deluxe subscription
  • mjonis
    mjonis Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

While this works, the ultimate question remains:

WHY is this happening? If you look on these forums, you will this has happened repeatedly in the last year (it just randomly stops downloading, but NO Errors whatsoever). I realize you don't work for Quicken, but I would think that if the community brought these multiple instances to the attention of the developers they would finally fix this instead of the: "oh just deactivate and reactivate" again.

• BRETTB
    BRETTB Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

FIXED - SOLUTION
    I had same issue and tried everything mentioned here. Thought Discover and Quicken issue between the two because there is no longer a QFX download option on Discover site to download transactions.

I tried the deactivate and then tried to setup the link to my Existing Quicken account register and tried on the institution selection Discover Card, Discover Card Account Center - none would download the missing transactions. Both my wife and myself have our own cards and logons.

Solution for Me - REMEMBER BACKUP YOUR DATA PRIOR TO DOING THE FOLLOWING.
    1. Simiple solution - I deactivated the download for the two discover registers and deleted the fields on the resetup new a new Discover account within Quicken by choosing the Discover Card Account Center . DON'T LINK TO EXISTING DISCOVER REGISTER, INSTEAD CREATE A NEW ONE AND give it a slightly different Name than your old. You could use the old name and just add "NEW" to name.

I was able to download the last two years of data. Don't reconcile after you download because all the transactions should be marked "c"=clear. If you keep your old account reconciled all the transactions should be marked "R"=for reconciled. This is important so you can see the differences.

note: For me and my OLD Discover account was reconciled up to a certain point (like a month ago) and I wanted to KEEP all the transactions that I had from the point I started to have issues. So I looked at the two registers and determined my starting dates and ending dates I wanted to keep from which register.

So in the NEW Discover register - which I just setup I wanted all my old history going back over 2yrs and everything was already categorized. So I DELETED all the transactions from the New Register that I did not want to keep or double up on.

I then went to the Old Discover Register and marked/SELECTED all the transactions that I was keeping and moving to the New Discover Registered and Moved them from the pop up menu to the New Discover Register.

If done correctly you should not have any duplicates, check your balances agreed to the online balance and if it agrees you can delete the OLD Discover Register.

Hopefully this works for some one else. Very frustrating. (REMEMBER BACKUP PRIOR DOING ANY FIXES)

This discussion has been closed.