How can I delete an account without losing the total history of the account.

Options
john0747
john0747 Member ✭✭

In otherwords, I have five years of history in quicken and I have accounts that are no longer in use and would like to stop them from showing up ion my accounts but am afraid that if I delete them, the history would be lost. Would like to be able to run reports for prior years and still have then showup in the history but not in the current reports. ANY SUGGESTIONS ARE APPRECIATED!

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @john0747,

If you wish to keep the account history, I suggest that you hide the account instead.

To do so, right-click the account name and select Edit/delete account. Then, navigate to the Display Options tab and select the 3 checkboxes shown in the screenshot below and click Ok.

In the future, if you ever need to view the account after it has been hidden, simply navigate to Tools > Account list and click on the Show hidden accounts checkbox in the bottom-left corner.

Hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @john0747,

If you wish to keep the account history, I suggest that you hide the account instead.

To do so, right-click the account name and select Edit/delete account. Then, navigate to the Display Options tab and select the 3 checkboxes shown in the screenshot below and click Ok.

In the future, if you ever need to view the account after it has been hidden, simply navigate to Tools > Account list and click on the Show hidden accounts checkbox in the bottom-left corner.

Hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Why not just hide them?

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• john0747
    john0747 Member ✭✭
    Options

Will hiding them work without deleting the history?? Was afraid to do that for fear they would be hidden from all reports that I would run in the future in the event I needed the history.

• Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sure. When you run reports you have the option on the customize dialog to, show hidden accounts and then select which one you want in the report.

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• john0747
    john0747 Member ✭✭
    Options

SO SIMPLE, SORRY FOR NOT FIGURING THAT OUT AND THANKS FOR THE RESPONSE!

This discussion has been closed.