Merrill Transactions after recent fix

Options
JayDC
JayDC Member ✭✭✭

Good morning, I do find that I can now connect to Merrill. I have both Merrill Investments and Merrill Edge. I ended up reconnecting under Merrill Investments and do get downloads. ONE PROBLEM HOWEVER… Dividends used to come in as "Dividend Income" Type, then listed the name of the security, then under Category was "Investments:Dividend Income". NOW HOWEVER they are downloading as "Payment/Deposit" under Type and "Uncategorized" as Category. This happed at the turn of the new year. Is this something we should expect from now on, or is it a MISCONNECTION ISSUE? Thoughts on this?

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @JayDC,

What is your connection method with Merrill Investments? You can see the connection method by navigating to Settings > Downloads > Connection Type. Do you receive any error codes or messages? Did you have a renaming rule set up originally?

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• JayDC
    JayDC Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I am connected with Merrill Lynch Direct Connect. There are a number of issues happening. I spent several hours on the phone with Quicken Rep today. We tried everything possible. Actually went back to old version of Quicken before the 7.5 update a couple days ago. That update did resolve the connection issue, but now all interest, dividends, stock purchases, and stock sells are coming in under Payment/Deposits. Then, they are also "Uncategorized". In order to even get a dividend to register as income, I need to set up a totally new Category. I.e. Income:Investments or Investment:Income. I really don't know how I would handle BUY or SELL in this case. In one case a Dividend came in as Miscellaneous Income then uncategorized. We decided to see what happens tomorrow. If this only applies to a number of transactions, I can edit them so that they are correct, but if I have to face this every day, this means many, many transactions per day. I am not sure, by the way, what you are referring to the "renaming rule". Thanks for your response Jasmine.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @JayDC,

Thank you for providing more information.

Have you been able to restore from a backup?

-Quicken Jasmine

• JayDC
    JayDC Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Jasmine….actually, now for some reason, it is loading properly. I went back and edited the ones that came in wrong. Fortunately it was only 20 or so transactions.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @JayDC,

Thank you for coming back to update us.

I am happy to hear that the issue resolved itself.

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns.

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.