M&T Direct Connect Needs Password - No Where to Enter It

Options
aknipe
aknipe Member

When I attempt to update the transactions for my M&T Account quicken tells me I need to enter a password. When I select the account and click ok the box disappears and im never presented an option to enter my password.

1. I am enrolled in the direct connect service of M&T Bank
  2. I have removed and recreated the account
  3. I have restored the quicken file
  4. I have uninstalled and reinstalled quicken
    1. this worked for the initial setup, but now its not working again, and there arent any updates to quicken available.
  5. There are no error messages
  6. yes I know my password

This has been an ongoing issue with Quicken, and for what im paying for the software, this should not be an issue. What do I need to do in order to resolve this problem. Please see the

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @aknipe,

Due to the nature of this issue and the previous troubleshooting steps having failed, I recommend contacting Quicken Support directly as an escalation may be in order.

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that we could not be of more assistance.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• aknipe
    aknipe Member
    Options

So this can help someone down the road the issues was with special characters in the password. This should be part of the Quicken Technical Supports troubleshooting steps. Further, instead of the software simply closing, some sort of pop up error message should be presented. the user experience with getting this issue tracked down has been a nightmare

This discussion has been closed.