Problems with direct connect and Ameriprise

Options

I've been downloading transactions from Ameriprise Financial with direct connect for years, but the last transactions to download were on 11/26/2023. I get no errors just that there were no transactions to download which I can't believe. I'm not sure if Ameriprise changed something or if Quicken did. I have the subscription Quicken on Windows 10. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @ginmonkey903,

Did this issue begin to occur after a recent update? Have you attempted any troubleshooting steps?

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• ginmonkey903
    Options

Hi Jasmine!

I don't believe that this occurred after an update. I've checked the Ameriprise accounts in Quicken and they are all still set to direct connect. It looks like Quicken and Ameriprise recognize the accounts; it just thinks that there are no transactions to download. It's possible that the Ameriprise website has changed something, but I don't know for sure.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @ginmonkey903,

Thank you for providing more information.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try to deactivate all accounts for this financial institution, then force Quicken to "discover" all available accounts and see if this will help resolve it. Please, follow the instructions below in order to do so. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding (just in case).

1. Open the Account List in Quicken (Tools > Account List OR Ctrl + A)
    2. If present, select the Show Hidden Accounts checkbox at the bottom of the Account List
    3. Edit each account with this financial institution to Deactivate (or Remove From One Step Update) on the Online Services tab
    4. Click on the General tab and remove any info displayed in the Financial Institution, and Account/Routing Number fields. Note: The account must be deactivated first before these fields can be edited.
    5. When finished, close the Account List
    6. Close, then re-open Quicken
    7. Navigate to Tools > Add Account 
    8. Walkthrough this process as if you were going to add a new account, providing the login credentials and answering any security questions/processes presented until you reach the screen where Quicken displays the Accounts Discovered at the financial institution
    9. Very carefully LINK each of the found accounts to the appropriate account you already have set up in Quicken.

Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

• ginmonkey903
    Options

It worked! And it downloaded transactions from the date of my last successful download last November. Thanks so much for your help Jasmine!

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @ginmonkey903,

I am happy to help, and glad to hear that we were able to resolve.

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns.

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.