Wells Fargo Issues - Freezes when trying to reset/disconnect [Edited]

Options
Ned Barker
Ned Barker Member ✭✭

I have 3 accounts in Wells Fargo. I changed my user id and password. When I accessed the accounts via the Tools Menu I noted two things. The connection is Direct Connect and the connection ID was the old one which I changed to the new one. When I used the reset account it asked for the Quicken password then the bank's password which I entered. The result was the "Account Reset Failed". Next, I tried to Deactivate the Account. At that point, the screen froze, and the Quicken Widows responded with Close the Program or Wait. If you pick wait nothing happens.

I then restarted the Program and attempted to change the connection method to Express Connect at which point the Screen details grayed out and then program froze. Help!

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Ned Barker,

To troubleshoot this issue, I suggest that you try validating and/or super validating your data file.  Please save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.   

Let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Ned Barker
    Ned Barker Member ✭✭
    Options

Did Validation opened the File did update it ask for the Password Entered it and proceeded Wells Fargo "An error has occurred. Quicken for Windows is not responding. Close the Program.

After Super Validation got the same result.😫

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

The next step is to restore a backup from before the issue started, then verify if the issue is resolved in the newly restored file.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

• Ned Barker
    Ned Barker Member ✭✭
    edited January 13
    Options

I did that and got the files back but the entry in each account is today's balance. Lost my history which is a problem?

Update the New Files are New Names. I had one more to link and tried to use the existing name and it said it was in use.

• Ned Barker
    Ned Barker Member ✭✭
    Options

Another Update.

Don't know how but the connection to the Wells Fargo accounts came back and I was able to link all the original accounts.

Deleted the New Named files.

My remaining issue is I have a large # of Reminders on 1/8/24 for $0.00 No Biller Listed. How can I delete them all without doing it one at a time?

See the attaced.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

The issue you describe with phantom bills for $0 usually indicates a data file issue. I would recommend either restoring a different backup file, or performing a Validate/Super Validate to see if it's able to correct the issue.

Please let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

• Ned Barker
    Ned Barker Member ✭✭
    Options

Did both - No Change

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Next, I suggest that you try creating a copy of your data file, which will rebuild all of the internal lists and database tables. If successful, you would then move forward with the copied file. To create a copy, please navigate to File > Copy or Backup File... > Create a copy or template (see examples below) which will also allow you to select a date range to move forward with.

If you wish to move forward with your entire data file, please check the full date range of your entire data file before copying so you can enter the correct date range if you do not wish to "shrink" your file by eliminating certain dates. Note: Unless you suspect the issue is being caused by older data, there is no reason to "shrink" your file.

It's important to know that all online services will be disconnected in the copied file, and you will need to sign back in with your Quicken ID and reconnect all of your online accounts, online billers, Quicken Bill Manager services, etc if you plan to use that copied file going forward. The reason for this is that the new copy also creates a new and separate dataset ID. I recommend that you check to make sure the issue is resolved before reconnecting financial institutions.

If the issue is not resolved in the copied file either, then feel free to switch back to your original file.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• Ned Barker
    Ned Barker Member ✭✭
    Options

Instead, I manually deleted them all. So far everything looks good now. Thanks for your help! 😀

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

I'm glad to hear you were able to find a solution.

If you need further assistance, please feel free to reach out!

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.