Mobile & Web Synch

Options
IPower
IPower Member ✭✭
edited February 15 in Using the Mobile App

When traveling, I could enter a transaction on my mobile device using the QuickenClassic app. Upon returning home, the 'Sync Now' feature was used from within Mobile & Web (desktop) and the transactions that had been entered using the mobile device app would sync to the desktop version.

None of the transactions entered remotely using the mobile app sync to the desktop version.

What am I doing incorrectly?

Best Answer

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I'm glad to hear the reset resolved the issue.

Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @IPower,

To troubleshoot this issue, please provide more information. When did this issue start? When you check in the app, what data file/cloud file name is it showing? Does that match the data file/cloud file showing in your desktop Quicken? When you tell it to sync, is it only failing to pull in information from the app, or is it also overwriting the information with the older data from the desktop Quicken program?

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

• IPower
    IPower Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Kristina, thanks for reaching out.

The sync function was working properly approximately 2 months ago and would seamlessly sync all data between the desktop and mobile app regardless of where the data was entered. The sync function doesn't work when used in the last few days.

The data file name in the app matches what is shown on the desktop. When I use the 'Sync Now' button from the desktop, none of the data in the desktop is being overwritten from the mobile app. However, the data in the app appears to be several months old. It appears that recent data from the desktop is not being transferred to the mobile app and vice versa.

The account balances in the app don't match the balances on the desktop. Taking a deeper dive into this issue, it appears that the data has stopped syncing somewhere after Dec 19. This is based on an account that had its last transaction on that date and the account balance in the app and desktop are the same. The last transaction dates in each account in the mobile app are showing dates between Jan 1, 2024 and Jan 6, 2024. However, one account that shows a transaction on Jan 6 is missing several transactions that occurred between Jan 1 and Jan 5, 2024. All other accounts (12 accounts) in the app have different balances compared to the desktop.

I trust this makes sense. What are your thoughts?

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Please check to make sure the accounts which should be syncing are selected for sync. To do this, in your desktop program, go to Edit>Preferences>Mobile & Web. There will be a blue link next to the word Accounts that will tell you how many accounts are selected for sync. Click that blue link, and it will bring up a window that lets you see which accounts are currently selected and select/unselect accounts as desired.

If the accounts were not selected, then select them and try syncing again. If the accounts were selected, then I recommend you try a cloud reset (Edit>Preferences>Mobile & Web, then click the blue Reset your cloud data link).

Let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

• IPower
    IPower Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi, thanks for the updated information and suggestions. The accounts that are listed in Mobile & Web are the accounts that should be synced when selecting the link beside "Accounts:".

Proceeded to the next step and performed the Reset your cloud data. I added a transaction in the app and then used "Sync Now" from the desktop. This new transaction appeared on the desktop. To ensure complete functionality, I then added a 'test' transaction on the desktop and clicked on "Sync Now". Once the sync was completed, I opened the mobile app and the recently added 'test' transaction was visible in the mobile app. Further, the balances in all accounts in the mobile app match the balances in the desktop.

Based on the above, it would appear that the sync issue has been resolved.

Many Thanks,

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

I'm glad to hear the reset resolved the issue.

Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance!

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.